Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another novelty handgun? S&W .350

Boolit Master

I’d bet 90%+ of all X Frames sold, in any caliber, are novelties.

Boolit Master

I'm waiting for the 360 Hammr version.
    Use real 35 caliber boolits that I already cast.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    Instead of “Hold my beer & watch this” guns, they had better come up with an answer to the King Cobra, K6S, and Taurus 856.

Carry guns are where it’s at with revolvers, and most people get that six is better than five.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercreek Farmer View Post
    I’d bet 90%+ of all X Frames sold, in any caliber, are novelties.
    A very significant percent of all guns sold are fired only a few rounds and then stashed away. Most gun owners I know buy a gun shoot a few rounds through it and call it good.

I've got a little over 500 rounds through my 460 XVR. Not a large number by any means, but probably more than most.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Ruger really whiffed by making the LCR a five shot and not 6. When people shop for snubbies at my side job shop, I always recommend the 856 first. I love J frames but honestly you get alot more for your money with the Taurus.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Ruger really whiffed by making the LCR a five shot and not 6. When people shop for snubbies at my side job shop, I always recommend the 856 first. I love J frames but honestly you get alot more for your money with the Taurus.
    They didn't whiff at all. That 856 is not even comparable to an LCR. You could say the 856 is better than the SP101, and I may agree. I think the SP101 should have got an overhaul 20 years ago. The LCR though? Buy one in 327 federal. 6 shots, lots of power, 17 oz gun that fits in a pocket. The only thing it would benefit from is some real sights. The LCR in 327 is the biggest advance in pocket revolvers in my lifetime.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by reddog81 View Post
    A very significant percent of all guns sold are fired only a few rounds and then stashed away. Most gun owners I know buy a gun shoot a few rounds through it and call it good.

I've got a little over 500 rounds through my 460 XVR. Not a large number by any means, but probably more than most.
    I think by novelty people mean they buy them just because they are ridiculous. There absolutely are people who get one in 460 XVR, or 500 magnum and hunt big game with them. I would guess it's a lot less than 10%. There's nothing wrong with that. I own a single shot handgun in 458 win mag. I love that thing. I may even hunt with it for fun some day, but it is what it is. A novelty. Or if you want the shooting range to yourself, just fire a couple rounds with it. Anyone who stays after some full snort 458 through a 14" barrel and muzzle break wont bother you.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Seems like in a X frame they'd have gone for the 360 buckslayer thing among other things it's 357 and a rimmed case..... But im not the marketing genius ......
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    They didn't whiff at all. That 856 is not even comparable to an LCR. You could say the 856 is better than the SP101, and I may agree. I think the SP101 should have got an overhaul 20 years ago. The LCR though? Buy one in 327 federal. 6 shots, lots of power, 17 oz gun that fits in a pocket. The only thing it would benefit from is some real sights. The LCR in 327 is the biggest advance in pocket revolvers in my lifetime.
    I agree that the LCR is much more advanced than either the 856 or J-frame, but I still don't get why they didn't give the .38 version six shots. The size increase would be minimal and give it another advantage over other snubs. The SP-101 is heavy and overpriced, and most examples have a dreadful trigger pull. Unless you actually intend to shoot full tilt .357's all the time I wouldn't bother with it. Nobody carries .327 Federal around here, and other .32 caliber cartridges are very hit and miss and none are even close to reasonably priced. Not a big deal for the reloader, but for the person who doesn't they are going to have a hard time feeding it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Moderator Emeritus

It's crazy isn't it, I have no interest, but would be all in on a Ruger reintroduction of the 357 Max. Essentially the same cartridge with a far different platform.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

My similar weight Winchester 94 in 38-55 holds seven shots. And I’d rather carry it around than any handgun bigger than a Ruger Blackhawk. Just me and my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    We don't have straight wall rules here. Shelves are full of .223 and .300BO. No .357mag and very little .44mag. Tons of 9mm and .40. There is more .30 carry than .45acp. Weird.

PS I don't remember seeing any 350L at all.

Vendor Sponsor

I'm sure to get inquiries to hone cylinder throats so it will be cast friendly...
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I'm sure to get inquiries to hone cylinder throats so it will be cast friendly...
    Then comes all the posts looking for data for light loads.....
    Deplorable infidel

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
    Then comes all the posts looking for data for light loads.....
    then demand for a lever gun in it... or factory reduced recoil loads..

demands for "educational tips" on how to remove 38 special burn rings from the chambers..

a butt stock....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12