Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another novelty handgun? S&W .350

Boolit Master

Another novelty handgun? S&W .350

Saw the write up on the X frame in .350 Legend in American Rifleman. Interesting points:
    7 shots, with clips
    Will kill a deer
    Will chamber .357 cartridges, but cautioned not to because .357 is bigger than .355 bullets (seriously doubt that would damage this big revolver)
    Velocities in 1600 fps range for 180 gr bullets
    Price in $1600 range

So, if you need a companion revolver for your 350 Legend AR in Upper Michigan, it’s here. Wonder what the market will be?
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

Boolit Buddy
    wonder if it will use the half moon clips

Boolit Master
    Picture shows 7-shot full moon clips.
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

Boolit Master
    Zero interest. Would like to see Smith make a K frame 6" light barrel in .327 Federal. That would be more useful and fun.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 01-25-2023 at 12:08 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Excuse as I push my way back into the crowd to avoid the stampede. I suspect the 2 dozen guys who buy these will extoll the virtues to the mountain tops and those piddling pikers who cling to their 29's and 629's will be derided and shunned.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Excuse as I push my way back into the crowd to avoid the stampede. I suspect the 2 dozen guys who buy these will extoll the virtues to the mountain tops and those piddling pikers who cling to their 29's and 629's will be derided and shunned.
    ^^^^ A funny slice of reality ^^^^
    Deplorable infidel

Quote Originally Posted by 26Charlie View Post
    So, if you need a companion revolver for your 350 Legend AR in Upper Michigan, it’s here. Wonder what the market will be?
    Actually, we need the 350L in the bottom 1/3 of the lower P. Folks in the upper never heard of the 350L. As far as the market? I think it's a question that no one asked, however, I believe it will do well with the folks looking for reduced loads for their 500 S&W's.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master
    Interesting gun. I wonder how long it'll be around. I just went and looked around on the web and don't see any for sale other than 2 on gunbroker. If I had an AR in 350L I'd probably get one however I already cast and reload for 300 BO & 450 BM so the cartridge just doesn't excite me.

Boolit Master

I can't easily wrap my brain around why someone would go for a crew-served handgun instead of an only slightly larger and massively more useful carbine.

The real question I have for the .350 Legend is if it will spur the development of a decent crop of .355" rifle bullets. Maybe it already has, but I am fortunate to live in California where we don't have to deal with that straightwall case nonsense, so I can't say I've been following it closely. I do think it's got more practicality potential as something like a repeating XP-100 than the other X-frame rounds do.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    but I am fortunate to live in California where we don't have to deal with that straightwall case nonsense, so I can't say I've been following it closely.
    Shhh! Don't give them ideas! They might change the definition of AW to anything that uses a bottleneck round.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I have zero interest in the S&W .350.

Now that the .360 is about to touch down, I have no interest in the .350 unless I found one of the rifles for an unrealistically low price. It would probably shoot ok with my cast 9mm slugs.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master
    Someone will want it.
    Don Verna

It's stoopid.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Now that the .360 is about to touch down, I have no interest in the .350 unless I found one of the rifles for an unrealistically low price. It would probably shoot ok with my cast 9mm slugs.
    Yep it does okay with cast boolits can't say much about over 150 yards but at a 100 it's okay...
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy
    Bill Ruger would be laughing, what is the difference between this and the .357 Max???

Boolit Master

New front page nonsense for the gun rags. It will be touted as the best thing that.............Yawn
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Quote Originally Posted by Grayone View Post
    Bill Ruger would be laughing, what is the difference between this and the .357 Max???
    A repeating long gun that is wildly popular. Ammo that you can buy in fairly large quantities that is loaded to acceptable hunting levels. I owned the first Ruger that came to Central Ky. Wish I had it back. I still own a Dan Wesson. Now you can carry two guns in straight wall states.
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayone View Post
    350L has a huge built in audience due to the fact it functions in an AR15. Almost every trip I make to the range I pick up 350L brass. The only rifle brass more prevalent is .223. I'd bet more 350 Legend ammo sells in a month than 357 Max sold in years. And that new 360 Whatever lever action cartridge will be dead in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 35isit View Post
    A repeating long gun that is wildly popular. Ammo that you can buy in fairly large quantities that is loaded to acceptable hunting levels. I owned the first Ruger that came to Central Ky. Wish I had it back. I still own a Dan Wesson. Now you can carry two guns in straight wall states.
    This right here. There are only four rifle cartridges that are pretty much always in stock around here: 6.5 Creedmoor, .308, 5.56/.223, and .350 Legend. I would imagine this is the case in alot of other places as well. Only the latter cartridge is legal for big game in straight wall states, of which there are quite a few.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast