PBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: optic planet shipping

Boolit Buddy

optic planet shipping

I purchased a scope mount on the 31st of Dec. I finaly got a DHL shipping number on the 13th and has not moved since. I contacted customer support to only be told they would have to reach out to shipping and find out what the hang up is. I saved about 15 dollars to go through optic planet. I have done business with optic planet in the past but, I doubt I will use them anymore. rant over

Boolit Buddy
    They shafted me in the past when I needed holsters for my team deploying. Ordered in plenty of time but they still left us hanging.

I will NEVER buy anything from them again. Wouldn't say they are a scam, but pretty close.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    They sell stuff they don't have and might never get, that is the very definition of a scam in my opinion.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

I have bought from them in the past and have had the same problems. Things seem to get caught in limbo for weeks and sometimes show and sometimes not. Never lost $$ but definitely annoying.

Boolit Master

I wouldn't call them an outright scam, but they seem to alternate between drop shipping and just shipping more slowly than anybody has a right to these days. I don't expect Amazon Prime level shipping everywhere, but the few times I've ordered from them has taken long enough to email or call and check on my order status. I don't think I've seen anything ship faster than 8-10 business days.

Boolit Master
    I do not buy from there anymore. Had an issue with a scope and they pretty much just kept asking me if I wanted to buy another one. Good luck.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeMan View Post
    I wouldn't call them an outright scam, but they seem to alternate between drop shipping and just shipping more slowly than anybody has a right to these days. I don't expect Amazon Prime level shipping everywhere, but the few times I've ordered from them has taken long enough to email or call and check on my order status. I don't think I've seen anything ship faster than 8-10 business days.
    Good to know as I bought from them years ago without issue but obviously things have changed.

-grew up close to Pt. Hueneme, my dad was a USN Lt. Commander (WWII-era pilot) and we used to go there quite a bit.
    -Paul

Boolit Grand Master

Ive never had a problem with them
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

It is not with strength one will prevail; those who oppose The Lord will be broken

Boolit Grand Master
    I bought a ton of stuff from them with never a problem.

Boolit Master

I too have never had an issue with them.

I will never use them again - ordered a scope, and they ignored clear directions on how to ship it. It ended up taking a tour of the Western seaboard for over a month before it ended back up at Optics Planet. They asked me if I wanted them to reship, and I said a scope that has been in the tender mercies of the USPS for over a month? Send me a new one. They refused. Never, ever, ever will I deal with them again.

Boolit Master

I bought from them once, and had the same issues as the others mentioned.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master

Never again will I order from them.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

They are on my “Do NOT order from them” list.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

They were the only ones who could figure out how to package a one piece stainless cleaning rod so that it arrived not looking like a recurve bow. Two other well known suppliers got 3 tries and never did learn anything apparently.

I've ordered several times over several years. Their shipping isn't the fastest and I did have to wait for things to be restocked a couple of times. But I knew that when I placed the orders.

Boolit Master

I never had a problem with Optics Planet.

However, if I know a vendor is going to ship using DHL, I will find someone else to order from. DHL is the worst!

Boolit Master
    Never an issue.
    Last edited by daengmei; 01-24-2023 at 05:55 PM.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I never had a problem with Optics Planet.

However, if I know a vendor is going to ship using DHL, I will find someone else to order from. DHL is the worst!
    Even Battery Junction quit using DHL, thankfully!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    They sell stuff they don't have and might never get, that is the very definition of a scam in my opinion.
    I placed an order on 12/9/20 for some speer 4360 bullets. Last notice was an expected shipment on 12/22/21. Order is still open but they no longer update the expected shipping. Not holding my breath and when they finally come in I am expecting to get them at the original price. Haven't ordered anything from them since.

I’ve ordered a number of items from OP and eventually got them. Bought my two cmmg .45 barrels and bcg’s from them with free sloooow shipping. They don’t seem to ever update the shipping info so it’s a surprise when the item appears. Amazon does a little better and I’ve had items appear when the tracking shows them still enroute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast