Titan ReloadingPBcastcoInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 inches of snow tomorrow in Arkansas ??

Boolit Mold
    The part of Texas I am in got over 6 inches of rain in a few hours.

Boolit Grand Master
    375supermag - Love the way you write. That was funny. True, but funny.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Temp staying right at freezing. Wet heavy crap. 3 plus inches at 9pm and it still falling hard. It waited till about 330 this afternoon to start, and temp was 36, so most melted as it hit. But temp fell and it started staying around. Trees gonna be pretty in morning, my oaks out back are holding an inch or so on the limbs. I figure 6 to 8 by daylight. Ain't nearly a mountain, don't envy anyone dealing with it for months...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Almost identical conditions, late yesterday afternoon. Started sticking about 4:30 PM. About 3" on the ground when we went to bed. Lost power at 11:16 PM, per the electric coop. Still off. Whole house propane generator running. Dog still sleeping so I haven't been out to check the amount of snow we got since then. My estimate is around 8 inches, so far. Guessers saying light snow/snow showers till about 9 AM. Supposed to hit 40 degrees, today. Fifty degrees for a high Friday and Saturday.

Winelover

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Looks like it stopped in NE Arkansas and the boot heal of Missouri, got to within about 80 miles of us. We got high gusty winds and heavy rain. Thank the Lord no snow!

Well, about 6 inches are on the ground, it has stayed 33 to 34f so the underlayer is constant melting. Open rail had 7 inches, I expect roughly 8 or 9 actually fell. Was out with my 2 old terriers at 2am and it was still falling like mad. Only a few limbs fallen, I have 3 river birch at front and its broken several 2 and 3 inch limbs. Hate the trees, but I can't take down myself. 6 ft from house. Hopefully most of the white will be gone by nightfall. Picture in the dark is of our metal reindeer

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Being a replant to AR the snow isn't a big deal the power out coming up on 12hr is slightly annoying.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    "Well, about 6 inches are on the ground, it has stayed 33 to 34f so the underlayer is constant melting." You know, I had forgotten about that. Last snow with similar circumstances - the driveway started melting in the main ruts, but not off the road.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Grand Master

We didn't get anything except rain here in central Arkansas. It started about noon yesterday and rained until the wee hours of this morning. The Wife and I were out for a little while yesterday afternoon and saw a little sleet hitting the windshield. I saw where there were about 9000 power outages across the Northern part of the State.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    We didn't get anything except rain here in central Arkansas. It started about noon yesterday and rained until the wee hours of this morning. The Wife and I were out for a little while yesterday afternoon and saw a little sleet hitting the windshield. I saw where there were about 9000 power outages across the Northern part of the State.
    We kind of lucked out this time; the ground temp was about 35 and so the ruts in the driveway are melting. Knock wood, but up here in NE Arkansas we are often to far north for rain and too far south for snow; so we get ice. That bullet missed us this time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    375supermag - Love the way you write. That was funny. True, but funny.
    Round two of the 2023 Snow Apocalypse struck today here in southcentral Pennsylvania.
    From around 10:00 until 1:00 or so we had an absolute epic snowstorm...near blizzard conditions if you listened to the local weather prognosticators.
    It was truly horrific... Once the snow fall started to slow down, I decided to venture out with my two Labrador Retrievers to survey the newly formed arctic landscape.
    My Labs were not terribly impressed...they usually go crazy in the snow but I guess the sheer volume of snow was sufficient to intimidate them into simply wandering about The Estate in what must pass for canine bewilderment.

When it finally passed we had almost 2" of accumulated snow!!! With the predicted rising temperatures, supposedly into the mid 40sF, it isn't even worth getting out the snow shovels much less the snowblower. It should all be washed away by the rain and rising temperatures.

I think I will confront this latest "blizzard" by relaxing in the recliner in front of the fireplace while sipping a cup of hot Earl Grey tea.

The terrible struggles of coping with winter's cold and snow are the bane of my existence.

Boolit Master
    We received 9 inches of snow, according to the local radio station and set a new record.

https://www.ktlo.com/2023/01/25/9-in...precipitation/

Still without power. The coop had ours back on for about ten minutes, yesterday morning. Said it might not be till the weekend before power is restored. Whole house propane generator is taking care of business.

Winelover

Well it is a sheet of ice today. So much moisture in the snow that I can walk on it and not break through. Ain't going any where today, barely above freezing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Well it is a sheet of ice today. So much moisture in the snow that I can walk on it and not break through. Ain't going any where today, barely above freezing.

A little better than that; driveway ruts have thawed out, but ramp from the highway to the driveway is still iced over to where I do not wish to check the mail today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails driveway ramp.jpg  

Boolit Master
    I plowed my up hill 100 yard gravel drive with the Polaris Ranger SXS. Took most of the Wednesday because I could only push the width of the drive, due to so much moisture. Yesterday, the sun was out all day and temperatures hit near 40 degrees so drive is down to the gravel. My acreage has highway frontage. Highway was in good shape, due to pretreating and plowing. Today High is 56* and tomorrow supposed to be 52* so everything should disappear, just in time for next week's system. Still without power, coop says should be restored by the weekend. Porpane generator working as designed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    I plowed my up hill 100 yard gravel drive with the Polaris Ranger SXS. Took most of the Wednesday because I could only push the width of the drive, due to so much moisture. Yesterday, the sun was out all day and temperatures hit near 40 degrees so drive is down to the gravel. My acreage has highway frontage. Highway was in good shape, due to pretreating and plowing. Today High is 56* and tomorrow supposed to be 52* so everything should disappear, just in time for next week's system. Still without power, coop says should be restored by the weekend. Porpane generator working as designed.
    We never lost power, but coverage was rather spotty in my area. Several of my kin were without power for several hours. Looks like we may have another round of global warming coming in on Tuesday. Freezing rain. Oh boy!

Boolit Master
    Global warming is overdue.
    Mt Lemmon ski area has been open for a month.
    Tucson forecast is snow above 3000' Tuesday,
    after a full cold gale on Monday.
    so here's another one coming.
    Actually got to 70F today, first time in a week.
    Last year I had beans up in February, but not this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12