Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Springfield SA-35

Springfield SA-35

Has anybody actually found one of these in stock for a reasonable price?

Boolit Master
    Seen them priced in the mid 7's in my neck of the woods
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Boolit Master
    I had had one on order since they first came out and was called to pick mine up the day after New Years. I got it at suggested retail and had it out the door for a bit under $700 including local and state sales taxes here in GA. GF

Think I paid 799 for mine a couple months ago which is now msrp. Love the gun. I like it better than my origin browning hi power.

Boolit Master
    How do they shoot?
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Decent groups at 25 yards. About 2 inches with good load. Mine shoots low with 124 grain loads but reducing front sight height will fix that or trying higher velocity loads. I prefer adjustable sights. 145 grain loads shoot to poi.

Boolit Master
    shot a friends. 2 six round groups @10 yds. 1.5 inches or so off poor sand bag set up. might be the worst trigger i ever pulled. creep, a gritty area creep and what i know was in excess of 10 lbs. some say that the triggers are ok. maybe this one is a fluke. anyway i bit the bullet and bought a as new 1976 real hi-power; for more than twice what i would have to pay for a springfield; but, i did trade well.

My trigger pull out f box was about 4 pounds measured on a gauge

Boolit Buddy

I bought mine early last fall (2022) for 699.99 and it shoot really good.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0134 (1).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	309662
    Life member NRA and Texas State Rifle Assoc.
    Big bore air rifle shooter

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    No see um here. In any event I don't need another layaway queen!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Finally saw an SA-35 in person. Matte finish with wood grips for $599.00. If the pistol I saw is representative of most, then this gun is a bargain indeed.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Not seeing much (any) of them in north central Texas. I may not be looking in the right places. I already have an Israeli P-35 that can out-shoot me, but I might need an SA-35, if I find one for under $600.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

I got one in November for 600 ish. I like it very much. Great combat trigger although it has longer reset than many may like. I grew up with DA revolvers so no issue. I have owned several Brownings and found them all to be finicky on ammo with respect to accuracy. I will say that I have not shot for groups - just started with plates. I expect much better consistency over the BHP. I really like it. One failure to feed first round from the magazine. I was not the shooter. 500 rounds so far.

last fall i bought a mauser-mod 80.sa no magizine safety 9mm at auction for 250.00 in very good condition with minor finish wear and ex condition insideClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1275.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	309944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1274.jpg 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	309945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1274.jpg 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	309945 #80003553, looks to be a browning hp copy. no import marks, i have ran 200 rounds of winchester white box 9mm,s with out a hitch.

Sweet, never knew they made such a thing. The pattern on those grips is straight out of a 1970's linoleum catalog though!

Those of you with an SA-35: you try any boolits through it yet? My late model Browning eats 'em no problem. I think one of these is in my future fairly soon, provided my finances remain steady.

Boolit Master
    I bought 4 Israeli Hi - Powers from Coplins in Ky. before she/they went out of business. One was a training gun that shoots very well. Grips wore bad from being handled while used as a training gun. But Oh does it shoot well....

Ordered one when they were first announced. Have yet to even see one.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Master
    My LGS let me have the 3rd one they got in shortly after they were announced. Mine has a 4 digit serial so it was fairly early. I think the relationship between the LGS and the distributor(s) has a lot to do with availability.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master
    I am not a 9mm fan, but I handled the Springfield SA35 at a gun show in Abilene a couple of weeks ago, and really loved the feel and grip contours. The pistol, NIB was $775. Tempting .. but it is still a dang 9.