RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CVA Scout 2

CVA Scout 2

Does anyone know much about them as I saw a used one in 450 Bushmaster at the local guns store. It had a brake on it but I didn’t look to see if it was made on or removable. Any info on accuracy, strength and longevity of the rifle would be appreciated as well as how the Bushmaster does with fairly heavy (340 grain) lead.
    Thanks

Boolit Master
    If it’s the same as the bagara rifle then I have only played with three or four.
    A 9mm 300blk and 44mag. The other I forget. 223 I think.
    All except the 223 had the same problem.
    The barrel locked up just over centre on the standing breach and they were hard to open.
    Shot nicely thou with jacketed ammo.
    You could fix this with a shim of paper on the barrel pivot point.
    If you close the breach then let go the trigger guard they will lock up nicely and open easy after shooting.
    The silver finish is a paint/coating that some cleaners will dissolve or make soft.

Bit heavy for my liking but I wouldn’t knock one back if you gave me one.

Trigger was firm but broke nice.
    Plastic is well……

This is only my opinion. Check it out your self.
    Last edited by barrabruce; 01-22-2023 at 07:52 AM.

Not sure if they are but I believe they do sport a Bagara barrel.

I have one in 300BO, works great. Very accurate, decent trigger.
    Whatever!

Iwsbull, my son has a Ruger American in 450 BM and I have some 290 gr 45 boolits powder coated that his rifle just will NOT shoot worth a hoot. IIRC, they are sized to .452 and you are welcome to a handful to try if you decide to buy that gun. From my experience, his rifle will only shoot Flex Tip Hornady's but maybe that's just a Ruger thing. Why they decided on a .451 groove diameter, is a mystery to me but.....? I am really considering a Scout in 44 mag especially since those rifles have a 1-20" twist and the people who have reported on them say they shoot all cast boolit weights reliably. Keep us posted.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Thanks for the offer Murf. I hate that about your sons rifle as cast are mucho cheaper than factory bullets. I also looked hard at the 44 but I think I want a lever 44 and I know the new Henry rifles have a pretty good twist rate. Too bad I was born good looking instead of wealthy.

Boolit Master

I am crossing fingers and tows that CVA chamber s the 360 Buck Hammer in these rifles!!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I am crossing fingers and tows that CVA chamber s the 360 Buck Hammer in these rifles!!!

CW
    I've long wished for them to do so in 30-30. Since they did 350 Legend, I bet there is a reasonable chance 360 Buck hammer will happen.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Quote Originally Posted by Iwsbull View Post
    Thanks for the offer Murf. I hate that about your sons rifle as cast are mucho cheaper than factory bullets. I also looked hard at the 44 but I think I want a lever 44 and I know the new Henry rifles have a pretty good twist rate. Too bad I was born good looking instead of wealthy.
    HA! you think you've got problems, I was left out on both accounts! I wish CVA would make a 35 Rem in the Scout but I know that it aint gonna' happen. I have thought about a 35 Whelen instead that could be loaded down to 35 Rem levels to accommodate my prosthetic shoulder joint.
    As far as a lever action 44, I emailed Ruger about the Marlin 1894 in 44 mag and the gave me the generic lawyer tainted reply but indicated that the 1894 an all the other Marlin were forthcoming but my guess is that they will go for more than sticker price when they do finally show up. Henry may be the best solution even though Brian Pearce recently stated that the new guns would have the 1-20" twist as does the Henry.
    Last edited by murf205; 01-27-2023 at 03:35 PM.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    HA! you think you've got problems, I was left out on both accounts! I wish CVA would make a 35 Rem in the Scout but I know that it aint gonna' happen. I have thought about a 35 Whelen instead that could be loaded down to 35 Rem levels to accommodate my prosthetic shoulder joint.
    As far as a lever action 44, I emailed Ruger about the Marlin 1894 in 44 mag and the gave me the generic lawyer tainted reply but indicated that the 1894 an all the other Marlin were forthcoming but my guess is that they will go for more than sticker price when they do finally show up. Henry may be the best solution even though Brian Pearce recently stated that the new guns would have the 1-20" twist as does the Henry.
    CVA does make the v2 Scout in 35 Remington.

Jedman

I'm not saying that they don't but I just looked again(and again) in their catalogue and web page and if they do make one, they're not showing it in those 2 places that I searched, or let me say that I can't find it. I see the 350 Legend and 35 Whelen but try as I might, I couldn't see a 35 Rem. I know you didn't make that statement without a reason. Thanks

I got my CVA scout by going to gunbroker, finding who was selling and contact them directly. Guy had 3 NIB on the shelf.
    Whatever!

I have the scout 2 in 45-70 and it shoots nice. My daughter has the scout 2 in 35 rem and that one is a tack driver with the rcbs 200

Boolit Master
    I have the Scout 2 pistol in 6.5 Grendel. Bergara barrel, nice trigger, good shooter. They send a spare forend screw that is also a sling stud, but it is too short to engage the forend threads, as I found out the hard way after buying a bipod for it.

Does anyone know how the lug is secured at the chamber , is it secured with screws and how long are they if so.

Just a FYI, I just got off the phone with the CVA USA office in GA and they told me that they did not make a Scout in 35 Rem. I believe that all of you who said you have one, do indeed have one, but the guy I talked to said he had worked there 7 yrs and they hadn't made one during that period. However he was kind enough to send an extractor for my friends 223 Scout. I'm not giving up, he could've been an underling. I can't seem to find an email address to the factory.

I have a V 1 Scout in 243 that I bought about 10+ years ago and you could find them in 35 Rem. Very easy. I have seen them in the V 2 in SS in 35 Rem. also but it has been a couple of years ago but I haven’t been looking either. They absolute did make them.

Jedman

Boolit Master

I have wanted a 35 Rem CVA for some years. I know there was some made but not catalogued in a while.
    Now Ill get it in 360 or Ill have something re chambered/bored.

CW

It might be a blessing that I can't find one since I have started looking for 35 Rem brass. Buying a 243 and having JES turn it into a 358 Win is another alternative. Does the 360 have a rim similar to a 30-30?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    It might be a blessing that I can't find one since I have started looking for 35 Rem brass. Buying a 243 and having JES turn it into a 358 Win is another alternative. Does the 360 have a rim similar to a 30-30?
    The 360 Cartridge is based upon the 30/30 Winchester & uses its brass as parent case. So yes same rim dimensions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast