RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CVA Scout 2

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    The 360 Cartridge is based upon the 30/30 Winchester & uses its brass as parent case. So yes same rim dimensions.
    So it is the 35-30 with legitimate parenting. Every brass scrounger worth their salt has a stash of 30-30 brass. Sounds like fun especially with cast boolits in a single shot. C'mon CVA, its your move!
    Last edited by murf205; 02-03-2023 at 08:43 PM.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

CVA is still a 360 BuckHammer mystery but I just got an email reply from Magnum Research and they said that caliber was definitely on their list of chamberings they were considering. They said check back in 4-6 months. Update: Magnum Research Tech guy just sent another email and said they would be making
    Them as soon as they could get ammo and reamers. They will be available through Bill Hicks, a distributor I would guess
    Last edited by murf205; 02-06-2023 at 01:05 PM.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    CVA is still a 360 BuckHammer mystery but I just got an email reply from Magnum Research and they said that caliber was definitely on their list of chamberings they were considering. They said check back in 4-6 months. Update: Magnum Research Tech guy just sent another email and said they would be making
    Them as soon as they could get ammo and reamers. They will be available through Bill Hicks, a distributor I would guess
    Awesome news!!

Thanks for that update!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

The folks at Remington said that Ruglin was going to make guns for it too as well as Henry. Probably a 336. They also said that the testing was done and the SAAMI drawing had been submitted (we knew that) and approved. Ammo should be forthcoming-Remington's statements, not mine.
    For the "straight wall case " states, it sounds like a whitetail woods gun for sure. Everybody knows that the 35 Rem is the kissin' cousin but the game and fish bureaucrats had to have their say so we get another cartridge. At least this time it is one that us cast boolit people can identify with.
    Last edited by murf205; 02-06-2023 at 08:34 PM.

Boolit Master

I know of a few with emails into CVA requesting the 360.

If enough of us ask they may chamber some!!!

With a real world price of under $350 plus the fact that the accuracy reputation, it is a no brainer for a monetarily challenged guy like myself.

I wish CVA would make a 35 Rem in the Scout but I know that it aint gonna' happen.
    They actually did make the Scout in 35 Remington. I have one.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

I have since discovered that they did indeed make a 35 Rem and it must have not been a great seller OR Covid could have interrupted their work force so they dropped the ones that didn't move that we. That country got hit pretty hard with the China virus. The 35 Whelen is available now but I don't care to load it down to the slower speeds I'm looking for and the 350 Legend appeals not a bit with the case mouth headspace and .355 barrel. A 360 BH sounds about right AND I have a ton of 30-30 brass!
    Four-Sixty, how does your rifle shoot? These guns seem to have a great reputation for accuracy.

I think I got my Scout in 35 Remington about 5 or 6 years ago. I was at Academy and they said they only got one in chambered in 35 Remington. It happens to come with a silver finish. It is not black.

I must admit I've not shot my 35 Remington Scout too much due to my plan for it to compliment a 336 in 35 Remington that never materialized. My experience is it really worked best with 200 grain bullets so far. I did not have much luck with lighter bullets. I've been shooting lots of 30-30 in a 336 instead. I would be interested in a scout in 30-30.

I did, however, get a Scout in 44 Magnum and have been very pleased with it. I had a brass mold from Arsenal for that popular Keith bullet. With some Unique it shot like a laser. I took a 14" pumpkin out to the range and shot a hole through the center of it at 50 yards. Then, I shot the pumpkin into two haves. Next I pulverized the chunks of remaining pumpkin. Alas, my Arsenal mold had one of the guide pins fall out - the second time. I returned it at my expense never to get any reply from Arsenal. So, now my Scout sits idle. I need to buy a similar mold profile from NOE or Accurate. The Scout in 44 Magnum is a great rifle. I ran a stick down the chamber and you cannot feel the transition from the chamber to the rifling. I do plan on getting a scout in 300 Blackout. That would be awesome. A rifle that is 30 caliber, and brass can almost always be found at the range! If they made a Scout in 357 Magnum, I would consider getting a couple as gifts. Most people I take to the range really enjoy the single shots.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master
    I am a little puzzled -- which of course is normal for me -- but what does Magnum Research have to do with CVA? I know MR is owned by the Kahr Arms group, but CVA is owned by BPI and I haven't heard of a connection.

Nothing, it was just a FYI about the 360 BH>

scout in 300 Blackout - mine is great.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Nothing, it was just a FYI about the 360 BH>
    Correct. BFR has nothing to do with CVA.

Both COULD be chambered for the new 360. Simply commenting BFH has confirmed they will make guns chambered for 360.

CVA has not.

CW

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jedman View Post
    CVA does make the v2 Scout in 35 Remington.

Jedman
    They made the Hunter model in .35 Rem several years ago. I bought one and chambered it in .358 win. It kicked way too much and I sold it. Wish I had the Hunter or Scout in .357 mag. Don't think they ever made one except for the scout pistol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12