Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Load Data
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Marlins from Ruger

I have the older 1894 in 44 mag love it , the ammo that I shot in my RH will shoot in the Marlin also.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I'm also waiting on the 44 Mag short rifle with 20" Octagon barrel. Need one to go with my 1892 Winchester 44 Mag. Probably be one of the last rifles I buy.
    Aim Small, Miss Small.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w.r.buchanan View Post
    yes all the 1894's i saw at shot were .357's and in carbine configuration.. What you are going to see first is .357's .44's and .45's.

I personally want a 1894 cb short rifle (20" octagon) in .44 spec/mag.

Eventually all of the blanks will get filled in. I expect 336's in .30-30, and .35 remington. Obviously the 1895's will be mostly .45-70 and i personally don't see any reason for any other caliber in that one. But .444 marlin could be a possibility. But they do need a rifle version with a 24 or 26" bbl. Right now they have the 18" guide gun and 16" trapper. I don't care for the big loop lever but it is still quite popular.

1894's should get a carbine with 16 or 18 or 20" bbl and barrel band, short rifles with 18 or 20" octagon barrels and 24" octagon rifles.

Anyway lots to look forward to.

Randy
    hawt!!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ass Wallace View Post
    I already have an older "JM" in 45 long colt. Here is hoping Ruger eventually make 24" octagonal models in 44/40 and 38/40!
    Marlin did an 1894 "commemorative" in 44-40 with a 24" octagon. I got lucky many years ago now and got a new barrel from gunpartscorp.com. Plugged right in to a 44Mag. Got some fancy wood which I'm finishing now.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...rifle-with-box
    A population of sheep will beget a government of wolves.

Boolit Buddy
    Im still waiting to walk into a gunshop and see a ruger marlin 45-70 on the shelf.��

You may be waiting awhile yet. Lever action demand is red hot right now, Henry reportedly has five years worth of orders and is running production 24 hours a day.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrusse11 View Post
    Marlin did an 1894 "commemorative" in 44-40 with a 24" octagon. I got lucky many years ago now and got a new barrel from gunpartscorp.com. Plugged right in to a 44Mag. Got some fancy wood which I'm finishing now.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...rifle-with-box
    That is a Beautiful rifle.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    You may be waiting awhile yet. Lever action demand is red hot right now, Henry reportedly has five years worth of orders and is running production 24 hours a day.
    I just picked up a Henry H010G side gate 45-70. It's everything you'd expect and more. Perfect fit and finish and as accurate as I am able. One of my new favorite leverguns. I will be watching for the Rugers to come in as I own more Ruger guns than any other manufacturer.

You can buy all you want on Gunbroker, whether it be Henry or Ruger/Marlin if you're ready to pay scalper prices.
    Doesn't seem right does it.

Boolit Master
    the only reason I ever bought an AR was when ruger entered the market with a great piston operated example and they did things right, at least most of the time. the only time ive seen a new ruger that was off is when I went to buy a new, brand new, double action stainless 327 fed mag. the barrel was screwed up and had been dented with vise marks. no thank you, I do not own a 327 fed mag.
    the questions on my mind right now is at what price will these new marlins be retailing for? and if ruger starts making marlins better than ever before, will they try to produce new 39a's? and I have faith they will do things right, will my old ugly marlins go back to being $200 guns. maybe I better sell the ones I have now before the "jm" market crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I just picked up a Henry H010G side gate 45-70. It's everything you'd expect and more. Perfect fit and finish and as accurate as I am able. One of my new favorite leverguns. I will be watching for the Rugers to come in as I own more Ruger guns than any other manufacturer.
    Oh I know! I get to ogle them at my side job shop and then watch them walk out the door with their new owners.

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    the only reason I ever bought an AR was when ruger entered the market with a great piston operated example and they did things right, at least most of the time. the only time ive seen a new ruger that was off is when I went to buy a new, brand new, double action stainless 327 fed mag. the barrel was screwed up and had been dented with vise marks. no thank you, I do not own a 327 fed mag.
    the questions on my mind right now is at what price will these new marlins be retailing for? and if ruger starts making marlins better than ever before, will they try to produce new 39a's? and I have faith they will do things right, will my old ugly marlins go back to being $200 guns. maybe I better sell the ones I have now before the "jm" market crashes
    They posted the MSRP, unfortunately they hardly ever make it to retail.

Some months ago I bought a GemTek 9mm 92 series barrel from CDNN, glad I jumped on it.
    Now CDNN is selling them on Gunbroker, can't find them anymore on their website.
    Everything is the highest bidder these days, fewer parts than people who want them.
    I guess what I have always said in the past is true.
    Elections have Consequences.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by danmat View Post
    Im still waiting to walk into a gunshop and see a ruger marlin 45-70 on the shelf.��
    I walked into my small town's (pop. 10,000) gunshop and, to my surprise, found an 1895 SBL and an 1895 Guide Gun sitting on the rack, both at MSRP. After three weeks the SBL is gone and the Guide Gun is still there. I'm kicking myself for letting the SBL get away, and am manfully fighting off the temptation of the Guide Gun. Oddly enough, the UPS man brought a big box of 45-70 brass to my doorstep yesterday.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master

The good news is the 1894 and 336 are coming back. The bad new is, at least according to this site: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-1894-and-336/ the .44 Magnum will continue to have a 1:38" twist. Marlin's website doesn't have a specification sheet for the 1894 posted yet.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master
    A 336 CB in .38-55 would be nice, maybe in a few years Davidson's will offer some nice variations like in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    The good news is the 1894 and 336 are coming back. The bad new is, at least according to this site: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-1894-and-336/ the .44 Magnum will continue to have a 1:38" twist. Marlin's website doesn't have a specification sheet for the 1894 posted yet.
    In either Handloader or Rifle magazine, Brian Pearce stated that the new guns were to have the tighter twist rate of 1-20", according to his conversations with Ruglin. Randy, did anybody you talked with divulge the twist of the new 44 mag 1894's?
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    That site is NOT ACCURATE!!! The 1894 .44's and .45's will both have 1:20 twist barrels. This was one of the first things they did because the Ruger 77/44 has a 1:20 twist barrel from the start as do all Ruger .44 Magnum Pistols. Everybody and their dog commented on the need to be able to stabilize 300-340 gr boolits. This was the most requested change to these guns made in the Data Gathering portion of the Relaunch.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 01-28-2023 at 06:23 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I'm really glad to hear that Ruger is listening to customers on the Marlin relaunch. Sounds like they are taking it way more seriously than Remlin ever did. I am really digging what I see in those pics from the TFB article. You could have told me they were the best of the JM guns and I would believe it.

Boolit Bub
    I got lucky. Picked up a Ruger/Marlin Trapper a week or so ago, And got it a little under MSRP to boot. They had it tagged at MSRP, but as I have bought so many guns from them in the past, they gave me a little discount. And it sure is a sweet gun, that's for sure.
    Just a right place, right time thing. Oh, and having built up a relationship with your LGS.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast