Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: revolvers without adjustable sights

Boolit Master
    Well I went to the eye doctor and he told me it wasn't my reloading technique that was my shooting problems. I have cataracts but the right eye is real bad and had gotten way worse since my last check up. I found out for myself when he covered my left eye and I could barely see with only my right.

Boolit Master
    I have an older SP 101 with fixed sights that does fine at combat distance. Used to have a nice 3" model 65 that was a good shooter too. Put up an IDPA or IPSC target and have at it.

Maybe give this target a try.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TargetRightHanded-1444859605.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	311360
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    I prefer this training target.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5B34EADA-FDA6-482B-A1C7-5F7F01DEFDA2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	311361

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

That one works surprisingly well, Strawhat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

May not tell you a lot but at least it tells the truth. I at one time, taught marksmanship along with my Marine brother (who had got back from Vietnam a few years earlier) to young children after a local child accidentally shot and killed a playmate with a pistol they found loaded in a dresser drawer. We got a teaching course from Daisey and also the local Ruritan Club bought 4 of Daisey's "skill" air guns (rifles without sight) to be used to teach both youngsters and adults how to hit targets tossed up into the air. We taught using regular air gun 10 ft targets(memory here) at first. My brother was really good at teaching trigger control and also how to annalize and correct for misses. But the course was really heavy on safety. To the point that we put red tape on the muzzle end of the barrel, teaching them that this was the dangerous end and to never point it at anything they did not intend to shoot. Teaching children to put a loaded gun down and notify a parent and we also taught them how to unload different guns by taking several guns to class and using dummy rounds for classs demonstration and the kids actual use. Those kids minds were like sponges, tell them one time and they usually could repeat what you had told them on the first try. A couple of the older boys and girls got pretty good at hitting tennis balls thrown into the air, and that was without sights remember. One of the girls got quite good at both target shooting and also at the tossed tennis balls. Some of the women in the community wanted us to teach a course for them on how firearms were loaded , and also more importantly, how they could be safely unloaded. But then the local club got cold feet and stopped our courses for liability reasons. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Daisey as they went way beyond what we expected in helping us with training material free but also giving us those rifles almost free. This was back in the 70's and that Ruritan Club has slowly went out of busines as the older members died and the younger member of the community just were not interested in doing any community service. A shame but that is the world we live in these days. It closed sometime in the 80's if my memory is correct. james
    Last edited by TNsailorman; 03-09-2023 at 01:02 PM.

Boolit Master
    Years ago i took the NRA small bore instructor certification course. I really enjoyed teaching the Y camp kids about gun safety and marksmanship. Unfortunately the camp went all woke. The names of the cabins had been after early explorers now changed to non racist, non offensive names. There is also a cabin for the gender confused. These jack___ are ruining the Republic bit by bit.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    May not tell you a lot but at least it tells the truth. I at one time, taught marksmanship along with my Marine brother (who had got back from Vietnam a few years earlier) to young children after a local child accidentally shot and killed a playmate with a pistol they found loaded in a dresser drawer. We got a teaching course from Daisey and also the local Ruritan Club bought 4 of Daisey's "skill" air guns (rifles without sight) to be used to teach both youngsters and adults how to hit targets tossed up into the air. We taught using regular air gun 10 ft targets(memory here) at first. My brother was really good at teaching trigger control and also how to annalize and correct for misses. But the course was really heavy on safety. To the point that we put red tape on the muzzle end of the barrel, teaching them that this was the dangerous end and to never point it at anything they did not intend to shoot. Teaching children to put a loaded gun down and notify a parent and we also taught them how to unload different guns by taking several guns to class and using dummy rounds for classs demonstration and the kids actual use. Those kids minds were like sponges, tell them one time and they usually could repeat what you had told them on the first try. A couple of the older boys and girls got pretty good at hitting tennis balls thrown into the air, and that was without sights remember. One of the girls got quite good at both target shooting and also at the tossed tennis balls. Some of the women in the community wanted us to teach a course for them on how firearms were loaded , and also more importantly, how they could be safely unloaded. But then the local club got cold feet and stopped our courses for liability reasons. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Daisey as they went way beyond what we expected in helping us with training material free but also giving us those rifles almost free. This was back in the 70's and that Ruritan Club has slowly went out of busines as the older members died and the younger member of the community just were not interested in doing any community service. A shame but that is the world we live in these days. It closed sometime in the 80's if my memory is correct. james
    I bought a number of copies of NRA's Eddie Eagle for the local school when my youngest attended, and he related to me how Ignorant the other kids seemed.. Well Received ATT, They used them until??? IDK...surely not anymore!!

Did anybody mention bullet sizing yet? If it is groups that ebb is worried about, rather than POA, then slugging the bore and properly sizing bullets could very well help reduce the groups. Also, different guns like different sorts of lubes.
    Remarks by President Biden on the Hostage Situation at Congregation Beth Israel in Colleyville, Texas, January 16, 2022:
    "But you can’t stop something like this if someone is on the street buying something from somebody else on the street."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234