RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2
PBcastcoLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Animal Quirks

Boolit Buddy

Animal Quirks

Here is something cool you don't see everyday. Forgot where I found this originally. Enjoy.
    https://www.upworthy.com/moose-shedd...caught-on-film

We own a planted pine tree farm with harwoods that the squirrels, we have 3 species, help us plant. We have two ponds., with rolling hills.

We had a family of Muscovy Ducks move onto the upper pond. They are an interesting duck. The eat anything that does not eat them first, no teeth or quack, they do not mess outside the pond and love alge and pond grass. They are naturally a tree dwelling duck with prehensile claws, four per foot. They keep a pond cleaned up. they are not afraid of anything I watched a male Muscovy take on an adult coyote. Coyote thought he was going to eat a duck, until the duck got him, then the coyote could not turn loose of the duck. Coyote started rolling around withe duck attached to his belly by 8 claws 1 1/2 inches long. Once the coyote disengaged, I shot him out the back screen door. That was an interesting engagement, a 35 pound coyote VS a 35 pound duck.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    We own a planted pine tree farm with harwoods that the squirrels, we have 3 species, help us plant. We have two ponds., with rolling hills.

We had a family of Muscovy Ducks move onto the upper pond. They are an interesting duck. The eat anything that does not eat them first, no teeth or quack, they do not mess outside the pond and love alge and pond grass. They are naturally a tree dwelling duck with prehensile claws, four per foot. They keep a pond cleaned up. they are not afraid of anything I watched a male Muscovy take on an adult coyote. Coyote thought he was going to eat a duck, until the duck got him, then the coyote could not turn loose of the duck. Coyote started rolling around withe duck attached to his belly by 8 claws 1 1/2 inches long. Once the coyote disengaged, I shot him out the back screen door. That was an interesting engagement, a 35 pound coyote VS a 35 pound duck.
    That reminds me of a friend who used to do primitive technology demonstrations. He told of using a duck decoy made from cattails, and sneaking up on a duck in the water. He said when he grabbed the duck, he discovered that ducks have fangs and claws!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
    Here is something cool you don't see everyday. Forgot where I found this originally. Enjoy.
    https://www.upworthy.com/moose-shedd...caught-on-film
    Wife saw this yesterday. As a Wildlife Biologist from many years past i knew about blood flow stopping etc but always thought Whitetails and Moose used branches, alders etc to whack them against. Never knew they just shaked their head. I love learning new things
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

It is not with strength one will prevail; those who oppose The Lord will be broken