Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Pacific Pistol Powder Measure Bushings

Boolit Buddy

Pacific Pistol Powder Measure Bushings

Am looking to fill out my set of bushings for a Pacific Pistol Powder Measure. Looking for the following bushings (and yea, have scrounged eBay often) #1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12.

Please let me know if you have spares or these bushings no longer in use. Thanks.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Grand Master
    Are you looking for the style with holes all the way through, top to bottom that fit into a slide, of the older, rotor style that has a “blind” cavity a la the earlier style found on the Little Dandy? I have several of the latter to spare, but it sounds like you want the former.

I see bunches of the type that fit into the slide on flea Bay when I do a search for “Pacific Powder Measure”, but I don’t use them.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    These are tiny brass bushings similar to Pacific/Hornady shotshell loaders but very small/pistol-sized. The loading slide cycles side-to-side, not rotary. The bushing sits vertical with a small hole thru. Yep, there are some on eBay, some expecting Hawaiian vacation prices, and some of the wrong bushing # for my needs.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Grand Master

if you can send me the dimensions and what material, I can probably make them for you

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    if you can send me the dimensions and what material, I can probably make them for you
    Thanks, I'll measure out the external dimensions tonight. I'll have to find what bushing corresponds to what hole diameter.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Man
    I have a full set minus #15 and #16, a chart of the hole diameters, and a few spares. I will check the spare numbers tonight; I also have the ability to machine these for you, though I would suggest 7075 aluminum would be easier and cheaper than the original brass.

To clarify, the full set I have is not for sale, but I can use it as a reference for the hole sizes you need.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    The individual bushings are brass, and measure 0.5000+/- inches in height, and 0.4975+/- 0.0002 inches in diameter by my digital caliper. That is the diameter dimension at the top and bottom, the center section is a bit smaller to save material.

Quote Originally Posted by NikA View Post
    I have a full set minus #15 and #16, a chart of the hole diameters, and a few spares. I will check the spare numbers tonight; I also have the ability to machine these for you, though I would suggest 7075 aluminum would be easier and cheaper than the original brass.

To clarify, the full set I have is not for sale, but I can use it as a reference for the hole sizes you need.
    Can you provide a PDF of the chart of hole diameters, please?
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Man
    Post #14 in this thread (https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...-Bushing-sizes) has the IDs and agrees with my previous measurements.

Not looking to hijack but if someone could make sets of these I am sure you would have a few buyers.

Boolit Man
    I think (I'm getting old) ACE Hardware has some nylon spacers with the correct exterior dimensions. They have a small bore size that can be drilled out to whatever size you want. I've got a bunch of them and I "think" I bought them at Ace Hardware.

Boolit Grand Master
    You beat me to it, Devon. There was a big discussion about these on this very forum a couple of years ago. First we had to define vertical bushing vs horizontal rotors, then the bushing group found these nylon bushings @ Ace. The nice thing about the nylon ones is that they are readily (and cheaply) available and can be modified with simple hand tools. No such easy solution has been found for those of us with the rotor type measures.
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    I just picked up 10 of the 1/2" nylon bushings at the HW store and they fit amazingly perfect. They had 2 hole sizes, so I got 5 of each to start and it seems like drilling them out would be easy as needed. Plus the HW store had plenty more.

Also, my version of the measure comes with a #10 screw to hold the end-stop in place which has to be removed to change the bushing while powder is loaded. Seems futile to always need a tool/screwdriver, so I replaced that with this knurled screw from the same HW store. Works much, much easier.

Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Buddy
    Still looking for #10 and #12 bushings if anyone has spares, and would entertain higher #'ed bushings also.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Bub

Pacific powder pistol bushings

Hello:
    I have extra pacific / hornady pistol measure brass bushings id part with or trade for what im needing

These are the 1/2 inch tall by 1/2 inch across pistol measure bushings.

Hornady bought out pacific so same bushings and dispensor but now discontinued by hornady.

Im looking for 6/10/12/15/16/16/18/ need two 16s me and my boys set.

What i have id sell / trade are numbers P5/H7/H7/H7/H8/H8/P8/P9/9/H13/H13/P13/P13/P17/P19/19

I have multiples so listed as such and some of the factory bushings you cant see a H or P so listed as 9 and 19 only.
    These bushings are not modified and on specs for drop hole size per factory bushings.

If you search i did post a measurement of each and every bushing diameter.

Eklb1156@gmail.com

Head Shot
    Last edited by Head Shot; 02-15-2023 at 01:04 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Awesome. Let me take a round-count of what I've accumulated as there are some duplicates in my box. Then we'll see what we can work out.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Buddy
    Okay, sadly, I have an extra #7, #7 (both P or H), #8 and #14. Those are the only duplicates that I have.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Sent you a PM,
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Bub
    Hello:
    There is a seller on ebay going by the sellers name of markbeadle that is now making all bushings for the pacific hornady pistol powder measure.
    These are the 1/2 inch tall by 1/2 inch wide powder bushings that fit in the slide bar.
    I was in on the testing of these and after revision three these bushings were dead on per specs.
    These bushings will match factory specs and will drop the powder to specs using the factory powder drop chart.
    They performed as well if not out performed the factory specs in my testing.
    Go to ebay and search for seller markbeadle and look at his product.
    Head Shot