Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Cartridge 360 Buckhammer

Boolit Master

I have read the numbers was from 24" and herd a Rington guy say it was from 20". I tend ta believe 24" myself.

Yes a straight cased 35 Remington. BUT LEGAL in straight wall states where the 35 Remington IS NOT!

Yes IF THE STATE ALLOWS shortening cases!! Most will go only by FACTORY as it is constant everyone can see read and know. ZERO personal interpretation. Im with ta here and beleive you would be in the right following "rules" but also dont like the BS of proving ta someone I was legal...

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Mold
    I would like to hear from some deer hunters who use 38-55.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    It would be nice to see Browning chamber a single shot for it .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=KrowBate;5524278]I would like to hear from some deer hunters who use 38-55.[/QUOTE

If they are putting a single shot restriction on you, you might consider a Ruger #3 in .375 Winchester, basically a 38-55 on premium gas. I've used both calibers on whitetails and the half a dozen or so subjects gave it up within 20 feet. Lyman book load of Reloader 7 and a Sierra 200 grain soft point.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

I don't need another cartridge to hunt deer; the 30-30 and 38-55 does it all, very easily I might add.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I have read the numbers was from 24" and herd a Rington guy say it was from 20". I tend ta believe 24" myself.

Yes a straight cased 35 Remington. BUT LEGAL in straight wall states where the 35 Remington IS NOT!

Yes IF THE STATE ALLOWS shortening cases!! Most will go only by FACTORY as it is constant everyone can see read and know. ZERO personal interpretation. Im with ta here and beleive you would be in the right following "rules" but also dont like the BS of proving ta someone I was legal...

CW
    Agreed, I would definitely investigate to ensure that a cartridge is legal first. Fish and Game agencies can be downright vindictive about seemingly minor matters, ours certainly is.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by KrowBate View Post
    I live in Illinois. 2023 is our first year to deer hunt with rifles. There are various restrictions, one of them is we must use a single shot rifle. Heaven forbid someone would use an AR-15 chambered in .350 legend! Any cartridge must have a minimum of 500 foot pounds muzzle energy, as a factory load. I am interested in the Henry lever in .360 if I can get one. I would just remove the inner magazine tube and use it as a single shot. Put the tube back in and target shoot, varmint hunt or whatever after the deer season.
    My understanding is that a 30-30 cannot be rebored as the chambering reamer will not clean up. I like the fact the .360 uses .35 Remington bullets.
    I still plan to research the 38-55, which can be used in a rebored 30-30.
    Given the anti-gun climate where you live, I would make sure that a repeater sans magazine tube meets their definition of a single shot. They are probably instructing the wardens to write as many citations as possible over the nuances of the new law.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by KrowBate View Post
    I live in Illinois. 2023 is our first year to deer hunt with rifles. There are various restrictions, one of them is we must use a single shot rifle.
    I resent the totalitarians making a rule like that but I really like my Henry single shots and could live with it. Makes you wonder what's next? Are they going to tell you how many spare rounds you can carry?

Boolit Mold

I love how this is a "NEW" cartridge. Ignores the fact that it's one of the oldest wildcats out there.
    Arte et Marte

*Please note: Service has been in the Australian Army and the Royal Australian Air Force.

Just messing around in the loading room yesterday, I discovered that a 30-30 brass (formed to 38-55) trimmed to 1.8”- is just a short 38-55. A .359” bullet drops inside. A .377” bullet would seat normally.
    SO- the .360 BH may be a straight wall case on the outside only? Thick case walls at the neck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's straight wall.

Not parallel wall.

Banner Sponsor

Just not a bottle necked round, no shoulder.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the straight walled states got picky and only accepted parallel walled cartridges...

375 Supermag has been around a long time. Why not just do that? Or make it 1.8 inches long to be different. Bigger bullet = mo betta.

Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    Just not a bottle necked round, no shoulder.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the straight walled states got picky and only accepted parallel walled cartridges...
    Dang it, quit giving them ideas!

So it will basically look like a 1.8” .35 cal copy of the 32-40? Straight taper to the parallel neck?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    So it will basically look like a 1.8” .35 cal copy of the 32-40? Straight taper to the parallel neck?

Or a shorter smaller dia 38/55. Yes.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12