Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Varminting

Boolit Grand Master

When we bought our piston .25 feller told me only use a scope made for air rifles.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy
    100% CO2 and PCP guns are fine with any scope you choose (generally rimfire scopes or dedicated air rifle scopes are best due to the ability to focus at very short range on high magnification. Piston guns like spring and gas ram recoil differently and will trash non-airgun specific scopes.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I put a tasco varmint 2.5-10 with mil dots on my nitro piston 22 cal Walther talon. I've put over 3,000 pellets through it and it is still working great and never lost its POA. Best $24.99 shipped on a close out I ever spent! Bought a couple at that price before they were all gone. I can clearly focus at 15' or closer on 10x. Had it on my 35 rem previously and worked great. Have one on a 452 cz ultralux and one set aside. Probably will go on my save 24F.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    I put a tasco varmint 2.5-10 with mil dots on my nitro piston 22 cal Walther talon. I've put over 3,000 pellets through it and it is still working great and never lost its POA. Best $24.99 shipped on a close out I ever spent! Bought a couple at that price before they were all gone. I can clearly focus at 15' or closer on 10x. Had it on my 35 rem previously and worked great. Have one on a 452 cz ultralux and one set aside. Probably will go on my save 24F.
    I think both Tasco and Bushnell for a while were rating some of their lower end scopes for air rifles. Not 100% sure which and I wouldn't want to try it with a higher end scope without being sure. That said, the high end air rifle scopes are getting very nice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123