MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Lyman's #3 Cast Bullet Handbook

Boolit Bub

Lyman's #3 Cast Bullet Handbook

Hello, it was mentioned that this handbook could be downloaded from this site. Could someone help me out and point me in the right direction. I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Thanks for the help.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    I really do not think you can download it from this forum.

But the link to a download has been shared many times.

Maybe your looking for the link to download the 3rd edition.

I would find the link to it, That might help you out!

You might look here:

http://marvinstuart.com/firearm/Manu...-%20Reduce.pdf

After you find the link you might save the link in a file in your favorites list that you create and label " manuals "
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Bub
    Thanks, there was another member that said it could be downloaded from this site. Just wasn’t sure how or where.

Boolit Master
    I was one of those who provided a link to down load that and about 10 other loading books. I stumbled on it by accident, never found out the source, and one day the link stopped working.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Buddy
    https://archive.org/details/lymancastbulleth00rama

This found on the way back machine. However this book is only to be loaned at the moment. Occasionally it comes back as downloadable. If you only need it for a few items then look up what you want. There may be other sources too. Lots of good stuff here

https://archive.org/search.php?query=cast%20bullets

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    Thanks to all for posting the many links, I just added the two above to My Manuals Folder.

I have owned the 3rd edition from shortly after it was introduced. also the 4th and have acquired the 2nd, all in paper.

A paper copy will be and always is your best bet. Nothing saved in these electronic devices will last forever because there will be a time that non of these electronic devices work anymore.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Buddy
    If you want to, go to "cornellpubs.com" and get a printed copy for $24.95.
    Tony

Boolit Bub
    Thanks, I will just order a paper copy.

Quote Originally Posted by ABJ View Post
    If you want to, go to "cornellpubs.com" and get a printed copy for $24.95.
    Tony

Boolit Master

a PDF download is available in the link provided by screwbolts in post #2 above. It might take 3 to 5 minutes to download from the site to your computer. I downloaded it to see if it was still available (I have a previously loaded pdf file from several years ago on both the computer and back up drive).
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 01-17-2023 at 05:02 PM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    People have told me my computers will eventually fail to work since I built my first one back in 1979. Not holding my breath. I tossed all my paper reloading manuals years ago. I like that I have near instant access to all of it on my phone as well as my computers (yes, multiple).

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    People have told me my computers will eventually fail to work since I built my first one back in 1979. Not holding my breath. I tossed all my paper reloading manuals years ago. I like that I have near instant access to all of it on my phone as well as my computers (yes, multiple).
    Just a guess, but probably an S100 if you were into the wild world of computing back in '79.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master

Before it was the WILD WORLD; I started with a Radio Shack TRS-80. Wonder where that thing went missing on one of my military transfers back in the day - probably running the payroll for some 3rd world country at the time.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Before it was the WILD WORLD; I started with a Radio Shack TRS-80. Wonder where that thing went missing on one of my military transfers back in the day - probably running the payroll for some 3rd world country at the time.
    Not to hijack the thread too much, but you'd be surprised, but there is still a VERY STRONG community of vintage computing going. A lot of guys designing systems, as well as playing with the old ones. Personally I have designed one that is far more capable than any consumer grade equipment of the era, running a z80 with a 8mb memory map, 80col and color graphics with sprites, and my own disk operating system written in assembly language. Lot of other guys are still building designs based on the S100 and ECB busses. Man that was a cool time for technology.

Hijack over.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master
    Mine was an 8080 with a whopping 2k of memory. Self designed at the time. Then I had a Timex, then TRS I. After that it was std PC's. Also did work with computer control systems based on the Ti motherboard. A cousin had a computer business back then with his own design using the 8085. Also did programming of some of the early dot matrix printers so they could print math equations and greek letters. Had to do a special patch to my word processor to make that work right.

A few years after that a local group were making a motion control system for a very large telescope. They went and bought a Commodore 64.

That was a trip down memory lane.

Reminds me of another level. Star Wars program being proposed back then required the equivalent of a Cray II (which usually took up the space of a 2 car garage) but the size of a shoebox. People laughed. At the time it seemed a long time away. That Cray processor had less 'power' than my phone does now.

Sorry for the drift. I'll stop now.

Boolit Master
    Not to add on to the highjack, I have both paper and electronic and use them all the time in both formats. Electronic is the easiest as it supports the quick ability to screenshot a page for those "does anyone have a load for" questions rather than the extra steps of converting a photo. In most cases i do google searches for "reloading manuals pdf" or a specific manual. You would be surprised what turns up. When something is found I download it immediately as things have a habit of coming ang going as others have alluded to.

I have two backup methods for when "those things don't work anymore" first line of defense is a good old CD/DVD with all my treasured documents. However as time goes by it appears the CD/DVD writers seem to be no longer standard equipment and I'm having to keep and external reader about. I believe this is a nudge to get people to use the "Cloud" (Different rant/post). The secondary method is an external Solid State Drive plugged in only when I want to backup specific files. SSD's virtually nothing to fail. I shied away from "backup" drives as most require a proprietary software to run and I just don't trust that any software will remain valid for long.