Deburring of the the frame in various locations, mag release hole, trigger ways and rear of frame where the grip safety is. No big deal really, kind of expected on a 1911 production class gun. The rear sight notch was too narrow for these old eyes so I replaced it with a Wilson Combat wide u notch all black, made a big difference. Also replaced the 9 lb. recoil spring with a 12.5 lb. Hammer spring from 23 to 19 lb. along with a lighter firing pin return spring. EGW lighter sear spring along with some careful stoning of the sear to smooth it up. Don't have a pull gage but it is much improved.

Seems to shoot 124 gr. ball better than 115 gr. Could use some throat work so I will be contacting Doug Guy for a throat and crown job. Accuracy with the 124 gr. has been very good yielding off hand groups at 10 yds. of about 3". Stock magazine does not feed hp ammo reliably but Wilson Combat 10 rd. mags do.

Got a nice holster from Busted B Leather out of Texas. It is a behind the hip Texas Body Guard model that is surprisingly comfortable. Have worn it in the car quite a bit with no issues. Conceals very well under a untucked flannel shirt. Not a range holster as it is a harder to re holster than one worn on the hip. Also will not draw fast when sitting in the car but is perfect when walking around.

Springfield makes a high quality 1911 and I am happy with it.