Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Scale

Boolit Buddy

Scale

Am looking to purchase a scale to weigh various parts up to 5 lbs or so. NOT for reloading. Would prefer ounces & pounds, but I can do math if grams is all that is available. Not looking to spend a fortune but not looking for a cheap hunk of junk. Recommendations???

Boolit Buddy
    Haunt flea markets until you find an old postal scale. Or maybe check fleabay.

Boolit Master
    I deli, meat scale will work.

Mike

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Check the digital scales at walmart in the cooking section.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master
    Check pawn shops for refrigerant scales. Will weigh up to 50# and also ounces down to tenths of ounce.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    I've had this one for 15 years. Never changed the battery and never had a problem. Has a choice between grams and lb/oz and oz to 2 decimal places.

https://www.amazon.com/Escali-Digita...ps%2C75&sr=8-5

Boolit Buddy

Picked up kitchen scale (digital) at a garage sale for a buck. Works great with 5 lb. capacity to fraction of a ounce GW

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddeck22 View Post
    I've had this one for 15 years. Never changed the battery and never had a problem. Has a choice between grams and lb/oz and oz to 2 decimal places.

We have used this same scale for a few years. it has served us well.

Boolit Master
    the digital scales like for sale at Walmart, same club, Costco for weighing packages are pretty accurate and can display pounds or kilos. they are pretty much a bathroom scale with either a corded display or wireless display.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ddeck22 View Post

I also have this one (Escali) and LOVE it. It goes up to 11 lbs.
    I bought mine from a Homebrew store in 2007, when I started Brewing beer. I use it in the kitchen with common recipes all the time. Hasn't failed me yet. I have replaced the battery.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    That Escali one goes up to 11 lbs. Depending on the accuracy you want (1 g), most of those postal scales do 1-2 oz since they go up to 50 lbs.

Been using this one for about 3 years. About $19 & up to 11lbs. Not sure if it does lbs but I know it does ounces & grams.
    https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Kitc...6&sr=8-11&th=1

Boolit Master

A beam scale is accurate to 1/4 ounce (weighing pewter here). Beam scales are robust, cheap, and widely available. Making check weights (1# and 2# in blue boxes with 5# attainable), counterweight calibration, and finding a suitable pan takes some imagination...

If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

Bought a $25 "postal" scale years ago . Matches the PO lady's weight every time. Had a grocery scale - dropped it off at the dump - too bulky and too heavy.