Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, January 14

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, January 14

Good morning all. When I think about it, I realize that in the end, what I've given up was actually of no real importance anyway. Have a safe and blessed day.

God’s Exchange Program
    by Greg Laurie on Jan 14, 2023

But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.
    —Philippians 3:7

C. S. Lewis wrote in Mere Christianity, “The real test of being in the presence of God is that you either forget about yourself altogether or see yourself as a small, dirty object.” Then he concluded, “It is better to forget about yourself altogether.”

Jesus said, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me” (Luke 9:23 NKJV). The word “deny” in the original language means to “repudiate,” “disdain,” “disown,” “forfeit,” and “totally disregard.”

So, if we are going to follow Jesus, then we need to deny ourselves. This simply means that we want His will more than our own.

What it doesn’t mean is that we must give up everything that we find enjoyable or pleasurable. It also doesn’t mean that we aren’t allowed to have fun anymore or that we must walk around wearing a somber expression all the time.

Let’s notice what Jesus said: “He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it” (Matthew 10:39 NKJV). If you deny yourself, then you will find life. It doesn’t mean that you will live a miserable existence.

Rather, you will live the most joyful, effective, powerful life possible, because essentially you exchange your life for God’s. You exchange your plans for His. And you say, “Not my will, but Yours, be done.” (Luke 22:42)

That will bring you to the level of life as it was meant to be lived.

Will you have to give up anything? Yes, you will. You may have to give up a lot, in fact. But God’s Word assures us that whatever we give up for Him, He will give us something better in its place. That is because God’s plans for us are good. We have His word on it.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

A great message and wonderful to ponder! I view it along the line of not following though on what you want but cant obtain it legally or without hurting someone else; or not sacrificing for your family and friends; or going against the word of the Holy Bible....like I said a lot to ponder on!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Amen, a life of giving up ourselves and gaining eternal life!