Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication

Thread: C&H Swage dies #409

Boolit Buddy

C&H Swage dies #409

I have 2 complete C&H Swage die sets #409 in box with papers. One is for 45 and the other in 44. I was trying to research their value but couldn't find much except a 38 set on ebay with a crazy price of $400 plus. Dose anyone have an idea of a more realistic price.

P!ease keep discussion on topic, meaning no offers to buy or sell are allowed outside S&S.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    I would take a look at Dave Corbin's website and see what he has that is similar.

Are these a three die set or single dies? If they are three die sets, in my experience Caliber does not affect price. Look at what Dave Corbin charges for a new set of dies and that should give you an idea of how much they are worth. Take into account that wait time for delivery can be substantial.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Buddy
    This is a much older single die type originally designed to operate on a CH swage o matic or C&H H press using half jackets (late 60's I think). I'm assuming one would have to make their own half jackets unless you have or happen to find a supply of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGOX View Post
    This is a much older single die type originally designed to operate on a CH swage o matic or C&H H press using half jackets (late 60's I think). I'm assuming one would have to make their own half jackets unless you have or happen to find a supply of them.
    I have a couple of that style made by Hawk Precision Bullets. It's a single die that makes a step bullet. I think I paid around $180.00 or less for it. I would say contact him if you are interested. He does not advertise the dies on his website.

Hawk Inc.

849 Hawks Bridge Road
    Salem, NJ 08079

Tel: (856) 299-2800
    Fax: (856) 299-2700
    General Info
    For general inquires, you can email us at:
    info@hawkbullets.com
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Buddy
    I recently found an open box of Hornady 45 pistol caps 500 count mixed in with different types of gas check. I guess these are what Hornady called their half jackets. I got the 45 pistol caps to sell with the dies I have but he also had 2 boxes of Hornady 38 pistol caps if anyone is interested I thought he was asking $35 each. If anyone is Interested let me know and I'll get them next opportunity I get.