Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Hogden 777

Boolit Master

Hogden 777

I have a bottle of 777 which I would like to use to reload revolver blasting ammo. I asked Hogden.They said yes and just fill the case just to the base of the boolit. Has anybody else done this?
    Closest recorded range Chrony kill (3 feet with witnesses)

Boolit Master
    This stuff works OK in muzzle loading rifles, but it’s famous for leaving a crud ring after each shot. I’ve used it in different ML rifles and it shoots accurate groups, but it's a pain to clean. I wouldn’t use it in a revolver if I had other options. However, if you like to clean really dirty guns it would be a good choice.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    I have used 777 in 45 Colt brass for my 1858 Remington with the cartridge conversion cylinder: Shot ok, was less of a mess to clean than HMB, but it made a mess of the brass. Your mileage may vary.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Yes, it works fine. Deprime and wet tumble the brass with SS pins to clean it afterward just like black powder. It makes a pretty powerful load, more than black powder.

Boolit Grand Master

I've used 777 3fg in in my TC Blk Mtn Magnum 50 cal MLer, 45 Colt and 45-70 loads. Works fine just as Hodgdon said it would. Use BP lube. Use a water based cleaner on firearm and cases. Clean up similar to when BP is used but much easier.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla