MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: WTS Book, Sight Bases, etc

WTS Book, Sight Bases, etc

The W.H.B. Smith Classic Book of Pistols and Revolvers, seventh edition, 1968, published by Castle Books by arrangement with Stackpole Books. 816 pages, Dust jacket states, “Handguns of the world- their identification and operation, illlustrations and descriptions, drawings.” Also contains detailed specs and ballistics for many of the old commercial cartridge loadings such as the .38 Special Super Police.. Shipped USPS Media Mail to Lower 48 for $20. SoldPendingFunds

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PistolsRevolvers.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	309160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PistolsRevolvers2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	309151

Browning Superposed Buttplate. This came off an old Belgian Over-Under, brought back from Europe by a GI after WWII. The plate measures 1-5/8" x 5-1/8" on the backside (against stock butt). Screw hole spacing is 3-1/4". Upper hole located 3/4" from top. A name was hand-written on the backside of the plastic plate, possibly the name of the gun- or stock-maker. The buttplate is still serviceable, though it has numerous chips and scratches. No screws Price: $10 plus shipping.

Name:	BrowningBP1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	309152Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrowningBP3.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	309153

Savage Integral scope bases and rings. Each of the two bases has four holes, spaced to fit receiver hole spacing of 1/2”, 5/8”, or 7/8”. These were manufactured for the Savage Model 170 rifle, but would fit a variety of rifles having a slightly rounded or flat-top receiver. Includes screws. Hardware is heavy-gauge steel. Package never opened. Price: $15 plus shipping.

Name:	SavMnt1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	309154Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SavMnt2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	309155

Weaver Top Mount Base No. 62. New old stock. Original packaging, opened but never mounted on a rifle. With four screws. Weaver says this item fits CIL 871, Remington 740, 742, 760. Takes standard Weaver mounts. Price: $5 plus shipping.

Name:	Weaver62.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	309156

Weaver Pivot Mount Base, No. 162. Weaver packaging says for use on Remington 740, 742 and 760. Original packaging. Never mounted on a rifle, screws missing. These mounts look shaky, but I’ve never had one let me down in the field after repeated shooting. Requires your Weaver pivot rings. $5 plus shipping.

Name:	Weaver162.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	309157

Early Primitive Bullet Mold. Hand-forged iron handles, brass blocks. Likely origin: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Date: unknown, very old. Length overall: about 10.5 inches. Double cavity, two conical bullets. apparently there was no sprue or plate. Approximate cavity diameter: 0.37 inch. No obvious signs the mold was ever used. Closes up snugly, but this is probably not going to drop slugs within 0.001“ tolerance. Then again, I doubt that shooters in Daniel Boone’s era carried a Starrett micrometer. Price: $45 plus shipping.

Name:	MLMold1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	309158Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MLMold2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	309159

No foreign sales. Pay by personal check (wait to clear), USPS Money Order, or cash. Send cash or money orders at your own risk, as the USPS has been known to lose first class mail. If they lose your check, you’re not out $$$$. Sorry, I don’t use paypal and cannot process credit cards.

I believe I can ship most of the above smaller “plus shipping” items at less than USPS Flat Rate Box rates, but I will need to have your zipcode to get a price. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by PBSmith; 01-15-2023 at 10:35 PM.

Up to top

Boolit Buddy
    I will take this book please.

"The W.H.B. Smith Classic Book of Pistols and Revolvers, seventh edition, 1968, published by Castle Books by arrangement with Stackpole Books. 816 pages, Dust jacket states, “Handguns of the world- their identification and operation, illlustrations and descriptions, drawings.” Also contains detailed specs and ballistics for many of the old commercial cartridge loadings such as the .38 Special Super Police.. Shipped USPS Media Mail to Lower 48 for $20."

Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    I will take this book please.

"The W.H.B. Smith Classic Book of Pistols and Revolvers, seventh edition, 1968, published by Castle Books by arrangement with Stackpole Books. 816 pages, Dust jacket states, “Handguns of the world- their identification and operation, illlustrations and descriptions, drawings.” Also contains detailed specs and ballistics for many of the old commercial cartridge loadings such as the .38 Special Super Police.. Shipped USPS Media Mail to Lower 48 for $20."
    PM sent.
    Last edited by PBSmith; 01-15-2023 at 10:36 PM.

Bump

Bump