WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: single load 10\22 magazine replacement

single load 10\22 magazine replacement

Has anyone here come up with the program to 3d print a single round loading block for a 10\22 or 77\22?

They are available for purchase, was hoping for the code. My daughter can print it for me if I can get the file.

Anybody?

Boolit Bub
    This might be what you are looking for. She should be able to download and print.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4619658

Quote Originally Posted by flemdoug View Post
    This might be what you are looking for. She should be able to download and print.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4619658
    That's looks like what I was looking for, I'll pass it on to my daughter and let her take a go at it.

Thanks

How do these work?

Are they a magazine that only holds one round or do they facilitate loading a single round through the discharge port?

TIA for the info.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pcolapaddler View Post
    How do these work?

Are they a magazine that only holds one round or do they facilitate loading a single round through the discharge port?

TIA for the info.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    I'm going to find out, if it was designed right, you will lay a round in the block and close the bolt for single loading. I'm hoping to turn it into a single shot rifle.

Boolit Bub
    Based on the picture it appears to be designed for single round through the discharge port.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    This was the kind of thing I originally bought my 3D printer for.

I know that what you're looking for can be done if it hasn't already been done.

After I got comfortable with my printer, I was able to copy and slightly lengthen, then 3D print various rifle magazines for my Tikka rifles, K31 Swiss rifle and my Lee Enfield rifle.
    Although the Lee Enfield rifle is still in limbo for the most part.

If you have some kind of CAD software I'm sure you could copy the type of magazine you're looking for and simply convert it to G-Code for 3D printing.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master
    On those rare instances where I wanted to get the best possible accuracy out of my 10-22 style rifles by single loading the rounds, I just used bobby pins as cartridge holders and inserted the cartridges into the chamber through the ejection port. I machine my own receivers and make my own barrels, so single loading instead of having the rounds strip from the magazine gives the least amount of deformation on the bullet. There is very little difference in group size between magazine loaded and single loaded, but I wanted to try it to find out. Before you spend money on a 3D printed single loading magazine, try using some bobby pins to hold the cartridge and insert them one at a time to see how they'll work. Bobby pins are super cheap.

Boolit Buddy
    Does anyone know if this will work with the mags made for 22 WMR?

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    I'm hoping to turn it into a single shot rifle.

Story time..........

When my Son was 7 years old, and I wanted to get him into shooting, the only .22RF I had at the time was a 10/22.

At the time (many decades ago, when the 10/22 was first introduced), I couldn't afford an extra single-shot rifle just for him - so I used my 10/22.

I figured that, since I was the "Dad", and he didn't know anything about guns yet, that I'd use the 10/22

What I did was to leave an empty magazine in the gun - then never let him see me remove or install it.

I taught him to lock the bolt back after every shot, the single load the chamber through the EJ port.

It worked like a charm for several years, until he was older/larger & more mature - and discovered that the 10/22 was a repeater.

His reaction was: "HEY ! I thought you told me this was a single-shot", then proceeded to shoot the snot out of it.

( I then gifted it to him - and he's still using it, over 45 years later)

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride