RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision PBcastco

Thread: RIP Jeff Beck

Boolit Master

RIP Jeff Beck

Sad to see the news that Jeff Beck passed away suddenly. He was one of the most versatile and unique masters of the guitar who has ever lived.
    Some things about beck was he was not at all a drug addicted rock and roller but a very serous musician who lived a healthy clean life and built his own chop top Ford hot rods as a hobby.

I saw that yesterday. We are sure losing a lot of the great ones recently.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nobade View Post
    I saw that yesterday. We are sure losing a lot of the great ones recently.
    They are getting old. Just like us.

“Blow by blow”is one of my favorite CDs to listen to while working in my shop.
    Ask any old rock guitarist about Jeff Beck and most hold him in high regard.
    Driving in Houston last week at 85 mph made me think of “Freeway Jam”; trying not to get run over…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vendor Sponsor

Jeff Beck was the Salvador Dali of guitar. He made a lot of artful noises, very independent of styles or genre, underappreciated.

Here's an hour 43mins of Jeff Beck with a stellar band, the guy was phenomenal on his guitar, but he drives the band and he feeds off the band, the chemistry between them onstage is unreal.

If you're watching near the end, ol' Slowhand himself guests with a couple of killer blues tunes, they dragged them through the alley...

Last edited by DougGuy; 01-15-2023 at 11:04 AM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Vendor Sponsor

Bump for added video.. Really good too!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I probably wore out 4 cassets of blow by blow in my life. Probably my most purchased artists with other recordings I bought he did over the years.

Boolit Master
    funny how hes remembered most for Hi ho silver lining

Boolit Master

Clapton, Page & Beck came from the same band (Yardbirds) & go on to be guitar legends.
    Though not as famous as the other 2, Beck was the most prolific & shines in a lot of studio sessions not published mainstream…His daughter is one hell of a bassist…
    May you rest well Jeff…
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Quote Originally Posted by Sig556r View Post
    …His daughter is one hell of a bassist…
    May you rest well Jeff…
    are you talking about Tal Wilkenfeld? I don't think she is Jeff's daughter, but the age is right as he is 42 years older than her. Somehow the internet connected the 2 as father daughter, but other sites say he has no childern. Tel's wikipedia site does not say anything about her parents that I saw but searching more indicates they are not related. But she is good. She was real young than, she is even better now

Boolit Master

Growing up the there were three premier electronic guitarists that could make a guitar talk:
    Jeff Beck
    Randy California
    Jorma Kaukonen

Not that there weren’t other great guitarists, but those three could squeeze feeling out of the strings.
    I first saw JBG in 68 when Rod Steward was with them. The rest of the band occupied one quarter of the stage (at the Grande Ballroom), Jeff Beck had the rest. Whenever Steward’s ego started to surface Beck cranked up the volume and put him in his place.

Boolit Master

I had a chance to see Jeff Beck a few years ago at a relatively small venue in Tulsa. No one in my family was interested in going with me, so I passed on the opportunity. Now I see I should have gone. I passed on Robert Plant too. Same location and for the same reason. I might have to re-think this whole thing the next time one of the old-timers come to town.