Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: savage 720 745 a- 5 clone

Boolit Master

savage 720 745 a- 5 clone

My father worked at the utica plant in the late 30s
    He built alotta of lunch box guns over the years. He did all repairs if needed which didnt happen very often
    So i didnt learn to work on them now that hes gone ill do my own repairs . shoot 3 round of skeet most weeks .
    the gun i have is the 720 steel reciever would like to pick up a parts gun just in case of needing parts.
    we had many guns with savage and m11 parts interchanged

??? i have are the reciever parts all the same between the 720 steel rec and the 745 alloy ??

thanx turtlezx

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    I have a 745. I bought a Rem 11 barrel and it mates up and functions correctly
    One item to watch for is the trigger frame: there are two different items.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Grand Master
    Never actually haven taken a Savage version apart, I'm going to say some parts are probably the same, but not all.

Over the years I had several Remington Model 11's and maybe a Browning Auto 5 as MWR guns, and there were some parts that fit, some that didn't.

Robert

Boolit Master
    know most if not browning a 5 parts do not swap over
    why jb didnt make them all the same dont know

Boolit Master
    My dad had a M 11 and I have an A-5 and both the 720 and 745 Savages. The 720 was a pawn shop purchase in New Mexico. Upon trying to shoot it I was disappointed as the gun would not fire. Upon disassembling the bolt, it was apparent the firing pin spring was incorrect. I still have not found the correct spring to repair the gun. As I have aged, I do more rifle shooting than hunting, and only fire the shotguns about once a year to remove the dirt dauber nests. I’ll disassemble both Savages and see if all parts will interchange. Playing granddad right now….
    Last edited by wmitty; 09-01-2023 at 07:16 PM.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!