Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Got a minor glow on - CCI Standard Velocity Target 22 LR

Boolit Master

Got a minor glow on - CCI Standard Velocity Target 22 LR

I normally cast for and reload most of what I shoot. But went by the local gun shop today to get some 38/357 cartridge boxes (be difficult to make them) and found they had stacks of CCI Standard Velocity Target 22 LR in 100 round boxes. Not seen any since the China War started in 2020. I broke down and bought a 100 rd box for $12. My Ruger Wrangler prefers it but I've not shot it much due to the shortages.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

"Stuff" is slowly coming back. Should be normal in a few more months, but no doubt the prices will remain elevated. My local "got some of everything store", 37 miles away, has gunpowder now, but I never heard of the powder names before, so left without any.

DG

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    "Stuff" is slowly coming back. Should be normal in a few more months, but no doubt the prices will remain elevated. My local "got some of everything store", 37 miles away, has gunpowder now, but I never heard of the powder names before, so left without any.

DG
    I have all fingers and toes crossed hoping primers will again be common and under $40/brick. I wish I had bought a pallet of the S&B primers when Cabela’s had them on sale for $19.99/brick. I bought enough to last a while, but they won’t last long once our 4 boys are big enough for center fire ammo.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

It does seem that ammo and powder supplies are improving but primers still scarce.

Boolit Buddy

CCI SV is five and change in fifty rd. boxes at wallyworld here . No tax on ammo in WV.

Boolit Buddy

A friend of mine has been ordering direct from CCI. Free shipping on I think was $100 order. I checked one day on CCI STD VEL. Told him it was comical. 50 rd box was $4.99 100 box was 12.99 Check it out, price is pretty close to what I find in LGS GW

Boolit Buddy
    Unfortunately. I think we all will be facing new/higher pricing "normals".

Boolit Master
    I don't shoot the Wrangler or for that matter my old Ruger 77-22 very much, but when I shoot them I like them to be as accurate as possible. Last time I shot the 77-22 I was down to using old Hansen standard velocity from a brick I'd bought ages ago. So $12 for a 100 CCI SD was ok for me. Probably should have bought two, but I reckon I am just a bit too tight.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Buddy
    Try TargetSportsUSA. Buy a case, they pay the shipping!
    BigBoreShooter

Boolit Master

Ammoseek is the place I buy from. Just got 5 bricks (2500 rounds) shipped to me for $187. I bought Norma Tac-22, my Bergara B14R like them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tja6435 View Post
    I have all fingers and toes crossed hoping primers will again be common and under $40/brick. I wish I had bought a pallet of the S&B primers when Cabela’s had them on sale for $19.99/brick. I bought enough to last a while, but they won’t last long once our 4 boys are big enough for center fire ammo.
    I feel your pain, I switched my 4 boys over to .177 air guns, for practice and fun, at 10 meters, They still did good when it came time for competition.

Boolit Master
    im still waiting for the 5000 cases of armscor 22's to come back down to $129

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    Federal automatch 350rnd bricks are $27 a box here. Bulk thunderbolts are $37 for a 500rnd brick. And 100rnd cci high velocity hps are $12.99.

Pretty close to what it was in '19, but primers are still scarce. Powders scarce too. Ive seen a few cans of powders I dont have data for.

CCI Standard Velocity...great ammunition for both my handguns and all three of my .22 rifles. I have a M-61 Winchester that loves it to the tune of 3/8" ten shot groups at 32 yds with a 2.5x scope mounted...and that's off my deck porch rail with only fore end rest support.

Curious, I tried it in the Marlin 39a Century Ltd., pic'd below with identical results...3/8" at 32 yds...and believe me, that's the limit of my holding capabilities now. Our local, mom & pop sporting goods store (Glauber's in Carrolton, KY) had it this afternoon at $12/100 with a two-box limit. The 2nd pic, posted here I think before, is of my M-61 & M-62 Winchester pumps. The M-61 is more accurate but that hammer fired M-62 is more fun!

The only other (relatively cheap) ammunition I've found that will give me that kind of accuracy from a light sporting, pump or lever, is Aguila Match Rifle, Golden Eagle, a 40 gr solid. I still have four bricks of that rat-holed, and doled out only when I'm seriously betting the farm on our family plinking competitions. It too, produces those lovely 3/8" groups, but with a god-awful smell...wonder what pig farm fertilizer plant gun powder they use to produce it? The Aguila I found at Camp Perry in '06 at a ridiculous low price there on 'peddler's row'.

Best Regards, Rod

Last edited by Rodfac; 01-18-2023 at 09:56 PM.
    Rod

Boolit Master

I bought a case of std vel cci just before it hit the fan, $250 delivered. I was getting low and decided the price was good! Yes it was!!

Boolit Master
    Some might remember this but about ten years back Dicks sporting goods was dumping all its Eley 22 sub, target, and match ammo. I got a lifetime supply for 300 bucks. They even shipped all they had from a bunch of store to one main store so I could take it all. About a .015 cents a round. Dont think I will ever buy another .22 unless its a Mag round.

Joejames in this day and age if the purchase made you happy then its a win. Congrats.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

I've had some good results with CCI std target in one of my rifles. Possibly my Toz 17 but that seems to shoot several ammo's well. I looked at a pack of them but hesitated, meaning to buy a few packets to test but did brain thing and forgot. I'll get some tomorrow. Actually, I have some CCI round nose but in the wrong box. Those may be the stds. Id di put a few downrange, I just need to check how they did.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

This just in: KY Gun Co. in Louisville had CCI Standard target for $9.69/100 today. I've got a pretty healthy stash of it in my .22 ammo drawer, but added another 1000 rounds. I've yet to find a .22, rifle or handgun, that doesn't like it. In my M-41 Smith, it's as good as European target stuff at 3x the price. Looks like the pandemic shortage of .22's, at least here in northern KY, is about finished, with prices coming slowly down. Halleluiah! Best regards, Rod
    Last edited by Rodfac; 03-08-2023 at 09:39 PM.
    Rod

Boolit Master
    I'm still shooting CCI SV from before the pandemic (?). Al least in the old stuff there is a difference in the bullet profile between the plastic 100 round sleeve and the 50 round paper box. I could feel the difference between them when chambering rounds in my bolt rifles. Has anybody found the same with the current production?