Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: New Saeco 9mm Mold

Boolit Bub

New Saeco 9mm Mold

Hi Guys,

Casted last night with a new Saeco 922 mold. It's a round nose bevel base design. Didn't realize it's kinda like an RNWC shape.

Used my RMR lead which is stated to have 2.5-3% Sb content.

My lead was at ~725 degrees. Bullets were coming out nicely.

The rear driving band measures ~.3555 to .356". The front driving band is very interesting because the driving band is tapered. The front edge measuring .350" and it's rear edge at .355".

Interesting design. I guess this is meant to be loaded with the leading edge sticking out of the case mouth for better feeding and proper coal.

Planning on PC'ing these.

Was hoping the mold gave bigger bullets. I guess Saeco prefers bullets with a higher Sb content.

Will not be able to load and test these for awhile.

Any thoughts? Would this even shoot good? Don't know if I want to keep this or return.

Thanks in advance.

Boolit Master

Maybe the smaller diameter of the front leading edge of the driving band is designed to help the boolit center up in the throat, or allow for longer COL.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Boolit Buddy

Don't know what you're shooting them in, but I think it's designed that way for a typical short throat in a 9mm. I bet that will shoot well.
    And cut nice clean holes!

Boolit Master
    Every pistol is something of a law unto itself about what bullets it likes. I see no reason why this projectile would NOT work.

I like projectiles weighing 122 - 147 gr. in 9mm, but if one of my pistols shot 115s particularly well, I'd stick with it. I also like flatter noses on my projectiles, but that's just me. Whoever said the bullet should punch nice round holes was certainly right.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Buddy
    Mix your alloy a little harder and your mold will drop a bigger slug. 2-3 percent Tin to match your antimony will probably give you the size bump you are looking for

Boolit Bub

Update

Hello Guys,

PC'd the bullet and loaded with 4.2 and 4.5 gr of BE. (5 rounds each) Functioned perfectly in my Kimber Stainless Target.

At 7 yds, accuracy was decent to I guess it's a keeper. Will make more rounds next time to see it's accuracy at 10 yards.

Thanks so much for all your input.

Boolit Master

It sure looks like a keeper to me.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle