Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
PBcastco MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is your local radio station this bad?

Boolit Buddy
    I live in the SF Bay Area. There is this one guy who sounds just like Rush Limbau. Of course you know Rush Limbau has passed away. When you first listen, you think you're listening to a Conservative Republican Pro 2A station. But no, it's a Liberal Station that argues the Liberal position and pulls you in to argue with the host. Of course, the host has the cut-off button so he wins.

Boolit Master

With a population of about 6 million the greater Houston area has pitiful radio. When I was in college in the ‘70s and a Radio and TV major, there was a good talk radio station before they became political and several pop/top 40/rock/hard rock stations. Now at least half of the stations are in languages other than English. No problem with that except that they weren’t added to the spectrum, they were changed from English to other languages taking away some good stations. Today there is one rock station that’s mostly automated and plays the same 100 or so oldies rotation with few changes from year to year. There are certain songs that I can count on hearing if I’m in the workshop for four hours. The talk radio station is mostly political with Clay and Buck, Hannity, Michael Berry and Mark Levin, shifting to Our American Stories and George Noory later.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Bub
    I still like to listen to talk radio. Living near LA I can listen to 640 KFI and 790 KABC talk radio (Ventura even has a good one - 1590 KVTA). All of these stations have a pretty good line up for the most part. On 640 KFI, Tim Conway Jr. (father was on the Carol Burnett show) is enjoyable to listen to. However his time slot was just changed. Used to be on from 7:00 pm - 10:00pm. Now only from 4:00pm - 7:00pm. Loved Art Bell, but am still glad Coast to Coast is still going. Wished John B. Wells was still on Coast to Coast. He had a good weekend show. When I am home in Wisconsin for the summer, my choice of radio is 550 WSAU out of Wausau.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Here in France, all stations are 90% talk. It sucks. I’m glad I have MP3. I even removed my antenna permanently, because I always would have to take it off at the car wash. What ever happened to the antennae in the windshield?

Boolit Master

Paf, I lived in Bakersfield for a few years. My job had me driving to L.A., El Centro, San Diego and as far north as Monterrey Bay. On the weekends I headed to my boat in Oxnard. I loved listening to KFI while driving.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Have never listened to more than 4 minutes of talk radio, and that was only one time. Prefer rock from mid-50's to early 70's.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Grand Master

Anyone old enough to have caught Border Radio on their transister?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

It is not with strength one will prevail; those who oppose The Lord will be broken

Boolit Master

The nearby 50 Thousand watt clear channel station occasionally has dead air. Most recently after the news announcer introduced a clip. When sound came back it was the wrong clip. It is my belief that they hire newbies for engineers and they often slip the wrong fwitch, or don't flip it at all.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Anyone old enough to have caught Border Radio on their transister?
    Was that like Radio Canyon out of Mexico. They would blast all over Idaho. When my local station went down for the night they played those ranchero songs over the same frequency. Another station out of Tulsa would blast you too. Almost made late night call outs with 100 mile trips acceptable.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234