WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FN Hi-Power

Nice to have your first one on hand... now perhaps a T series? Of course an Inglis should accompany it as well. But to safe the deep blue finish on that classic you should use a MK111 for daily carry duties. But the .40 Mark111 is a little heavier, just a bit more oomph, so get that one too. Well, what this collection would benefit from is a .30 Luger version too, just say you have it. My, but isn't that Renaissance just so lovely....

Me personally didn't like trading my JA Ceiner .22 conversion on my '69 C so often, so I bought a Charles Daly bare frame and built a .22lr version to teach the kids.

I believe you have just started this journey!

In 2005, I bought a new one and it isn't going anywhere. According to those in the know, those marked "made in Belgium, assembled in Portugal" are stronger.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    That's what my 2016 is, and it's not going anywhere.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    sorry, but i disagree about "assembled in portugal". essentialy FN made the parts and sent them to portugal to be fitted and assembled because it is / was cheaper than paying belgian workers to do the same. no reason that the guns would be stronger.

Boolit Master

I had $750 in my pocket and there was a custom made 25-06 rifle awaiting me. Alas under the glass counter top sat a minty ( mm Hi-Power made and assemble in Belguim. Guess what follwed me home? The 25-06 is still sitting there all alone. I worship this gun. Not a mark or scratch on it anywhere. Shoots like a dream and is accurate. I had the trigger replaced and the magazine disconnecter removed. Fantastic carry gun although a mite heavy but conceals well with the flat sides. I will never sell this gun.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12