Load DataSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: They Love the Pink Gun

They Love the Pink Gun

So y'all know I recently got a dedicated .22lr AR-15 to use as a trainer and I gave it a pink camo paint job since I have a lot of female freinds wanting to learn to shoot......also because it was kinda my GF's Christmas present and she loves pink. Anyway it's been an absolute hit so far ! Something about a gun with a fun paint job just seems to put a lot of people at ease. It's no some big black scary assault rifle and I dosent look like that thing granddad had them shoot that gave them a black eye lol.Also it's just kinda apart of my generations gun culture to a degree

Depending though, not just out here painting painting perfectly blued guns with beautiful wood stocks ( their are dumb ***** that will rattle can their granddads Weatherby or mint condition Mauser but their in the rare minority), more tactical stuff or old beaters, yeah they get a good ole rattle can . Their actually A LOT of people in my age group who are into the restoration/ cloning deal where you take old beat up guns and restore them to their original luster , or you build guns to be clones of original designs. Lots of AR cloners doing designs from Vietnam through the GWOT.

But went buddies house today for new years and showed it to them, that progressed to me giving a little basic shooting class to his gf ( she also been one of my best friends since college). Nothing serious just how to load the mag , work all the controls she on the scope properly and proper holds ect. After about 20min she could keep ten rounds under 1" @25yd very easily in prone ( gave her the little target sticky she shot and she stuck it to the back of her phone she was so proud ) off the bipod and rear bag and could work the gun and all very well so I asked if she wanted to run the 25rd mag and just have some fun . Boy my little raptor didn't stand a chance @30yd

https://youtu.be/p0_JaDVzXF0

Burned up about 400rd of cheap bulk federal auto match and CCI STV within three hours. Not to mention her BF brought some of his .22lrs out and there where having some couples shooting competition type stuff She actually had so much fun she made use dive to town so we could pick up another 600 odd rounds between the three of us!

Came back and took it out to 100yd in the same target and had an absolute blast! Teaching a little bit about hold over and wind..buddy brought out his Henry lever action and we spent some time trying to pop it with irons and short at the same distance

Well sun set so we pulled the four wheeler up to have some light to shoot because well....we where still shooting. Not to mention my GF finally came and she hadn't been able to shoot "her" gun yet so , actually had her in the tripod for a bit but after two mags she said " I don't think I need this" and dropped down to kneeling position and started tearing it up problem is she wears glasses so after a bit it just got too dark.

Best part ? If friggen matches her jacket lol !

Now I had all my YouTube equipment in the car so I shot that quick little video for my buddy so she could have some proof of her marksmenship yeah well she ended up sending that to a bunch of her freinds and family right ? So come time for the new years party and eveyone starts showing up I got all these women come up to me asking if they can see the gun and if or when they can come shoot because it looked like so much fun actually had one or two of their BF's a little wizzed at me because they had been getting badgered about why cant they have cute paint jobs on their guns

So yeah got like 10 people wanting to shoot with me and mine now !

Was a great way to bring in the new years if I must say

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wolfdog91; 01-02-2023 at 07:03 PM.
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

You should show it to the Navy. You might get a job offer.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master
    yup, next you'll be getting them matching pink camo boots and jacket.

That's great!
    Glad you had a good time!
    I commend you for getting more people involved in shooting.
    Oh yeah, I hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

You know, there really is something about women and pink. I've never understood it, but I'm convinced it's there.

You're doing a great service by teaching those women folks to shoot, and recruiting them to the gun hobby. Thank you.

Better work some overtime to pay for all that ammo, or heavily invest in reloading equipment!

DG

Boolit Buddy
    My hat is off to you - Congratulations on being a positive influence to new shooters! Sounds like you have some work cut out for you to handle all of the new found interest in shooting and in fun decorated guns.

Well done, Wolfdog.
    Rock on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I'll jump in here & add my applause as well. You are doing it RIGHT!!!!!!!

KUDOS!

Boolit Master

Well done Sir!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 45workhorse View Post
    Well done Sir!
    Aye. Nicely done.

Thanks everyone
    I always joke that my grand parents where teachers my parts are teachers my girlfriend is a teacher and I'm the one that the teaching big skipped over yet here I am doing this I love it though.
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

I have generally found that women are much easier to teach shooting than men. Guys always want to do it "my way." My sister-in-law asked me to take her shooting last year, which surprised me because she is a dyed-in-the-wool liberal.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free