Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: First Loads With My New Lee

Boolit Grand Master

First Loads With My New Lee

Finally got some time to get the Lee mounted on a 2x6 for a portable reloader and with a clamp it works very good. I started with the bushings indicated for Promo (Red Dot) to get a 1oz load and found out that to get 19gr of powder I needed to go up one bushing size from 155 to 163. Comes in just under 19gr by a few 1/10ths and varies a little but close enough.

Bushing for the shot delivers right at 1oz. I am using new primed Fiocchi hulls and found the crimping to be pretty easy. When seating the wad, which I couldn't find in the manual or data on Ballistic Products for but which seem to work fine for this, I do notice some flakes of powder coming around the wad. Not many and I can watch them jump to the wad from static while seating. Tried an over card to make up a little room instead of one over the powder and it seems ok. Using a little less pressure on seating the wad seems to cure this for the most part.

I find the 6pt crimp better than the 8pt. Powder, shot, wad etc all pretty tight with just a couple of the shot jiggling. The crimp came out decent with only a very small uncrimped hole in the center. Far smaller than a pellet to no problem with that. One of the reasons I tried the overcard just in case but it's not needed.

Shot a couple of the rounds through my pump and they shot/cycled fine. Hulls look good and ready for a reload.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    Congratulations...you are now hooked. You'll be loading everything from squirrel loads to coyote loads in no time. Before you know it, you'll have an assortment of shot, powder, wads and bushings.