MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Question on Taylors Sharps stock and if they are interchaneable.

Boolit Master

Question on Taylors Sharps stock and if they are interchaneable.

OK, I am posting this for a buddy who has several health issues, but loves shooting. He recently bought a new Taylors sharps, 1874 model that has the straight stock. He is in a wheel chair, among other things, and cant get the stock to sit where he wants it. He needs a pistol grip stock, will they even interchange, and where would a person get one. I told him the bottom tang would probably be need to be curved, and maybe the top one also, Anyone have any of the italian made sharps with a pistol grip stock, is the stock just contoured, or does he need to sell his rifle and get another one.

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    If you can find a pistol grip stock for a Taylor Sharps it should fit but you will also need the lower tang. The lower tang for the single trigger and the double set trigger are different. Make sure you get the right one. A stock from another manufacturer may not fit properly.

I know a fella who recently got a pg stock, and tried it to discover the fit wasn't very good. I think even if the stock, and pg lower tang both came from another Taylor's it likely will need fitting. Better to sell it, and use the funds to purchase one that's already pistol gripped as it will be less expensive, and no work involved.

Boolit Master

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/...get+Rifle+4570

Currently in stock.
    FWIW, Pedersoli makes the majority of imported Sharps Copies. I would imagine that's where Taylor orders their models.
    Last edited by Jeff Michel; 01-02-2023 at 05:05 PM.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB