Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: any help finding a source

any help finding a source

first - Happy + healthy New Years to all -
    anyone know of a source for HW breech seal that has a reasonable price + does not charge $9.00 to $15.00 dollars to ship such a small item ?
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Do a google search I found about 15 places that sell them. Try: "Breech Seal for HW guns." Bunch of outfits on Ebay and Amazon.

Hot Tip; Buy some pellets or other stuff with the seal, that way the shipping isn't so bad. I saw one outfit had the seal for $25? and wanted $15 to ship it, that is ridiculous!

Hope this helps?

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 01-01-2023 at 12:42 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

thanks for the reply + Happy New Years - been searching for several weeks + cheapest i came up with is $26.00 - i already have a lifetime supply of pellets, lube, + accessories so increasing order to pay for inflated shipping does not make sense - just want seal for a spare -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

as they say in latin

I bought my Beeman HW 35EB in 1977. It had been in continuous use for many years. I finally changed the seal out a few years ago and it didn't really need to be changed any way. They tend to last along time if not abused..

If you have a Lathe you can make one pretty easy. That's how I got my first one, I made it out of a piece of Teflon, its in the gun right now.

As far as getting it when you buy something else, sooner or later you will need something else, You just got to remember the get seal at the same time.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

thanks again for the reply - at my age i doubt if i will run out of anything for airgun - also powder, primers, lead, + .22rf that i stocked up on when Clinton was president + proposed restrictions - all stored properly - do not have a lathe, but if original one goes bad i'll break down + pay the freight -

as they say in latin

Boolit Man
    Sometimes when the face of the seal gets a bit “used” looking, one can just take it out and put it back in with the used end inward.