Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.56 LC head stamps

Quote Originally Posted by Mobier View Post
    I have no idea what they are. Do you know? Is there any info out there that would identify these LC cases. That's what I need to know.
    LC brass is just US military spec. made at the Lake City plant.
    There's probably a Wikipedia page on them for their history & such.
    Along with 'LC', the 2 digit number on the head stamp is the year of production. That's about all there is to know.
    If it doesn't have the NATO mark, it's probably a run they made to be sold on the civilian market.

The other stuff is probably from all over the world.
    If a country makes any ammunition at all, there's about a 99% chance they also made .223s.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

It's not a "Bump Stock". It's the apparatus at the back of the rifle I was referring to with springs. They adjust the spring tension in leu of a barrel mounted gas valve.
    That would be the buffer spring and the buffer assembly.

https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/ar-15-...prings-basics/
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

I've been trying to identify 5.56 brass. The LC brass with the NATO star is good, but I have a lot that has no NATO star and other than the .223 REM, I have no idea what they are. Do you know? Is there any info out there that would identify these LC cases. That's what I need to know.
    All LC is created basically equal. The NATO circle-cross stamp is on M855 and M856 Tracer since it is a NATO standard. M193 is not a NATO round so it does not have the NATO circle-cross stamp. Lake City Army may load runs with components that are left over from military runs some examples are XM855, M193PD and XM193 for the civilian market. Some have the NATO circle-cross stamp and some don't.

All LC brass is made from the same alloys and machines. Only difference is headstamp.

Case volumes here: https://www.accurateshooter.com/cart...guides/223rem/
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 12-31-2022 at 02:31 AM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

5.56 LC Range Brass weight sorted.

RCBS Small Base Full Length die for Range brass. rcbs2 lube, applied with a pad.

Case weight more important then headstamp. Heavier requires less powder.

Range Brass sorted by weight, targets-

Last edited by 243winxb; 12-31-2022 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Add targets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12