Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Need opinions on Dianna 34

Boolit Master

Need opinions on Dianna 34

I need some actually experience opinions on the RWS Dianna 34 air rifle. Local guy has one for sale at $200. plus which he says is in very good condition. I am wondering if it is worth that much. james

Boolit Grand Master
    I cannot post links as it may be against the rules. Do a search.

I had one and it was OK but I found it tiring to cock. Sold it two years ago for $250 with a decent scope.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Years ago, I bought a used one at my local shop for $75, along with a tin of Crossman pellets. When I got home, I loaded it and went outside for a test. Observed a wasp light on a blade of grass nearby and took the shot. Cut the wasp in half. Ever since, it has been a marvelously accurate rifle.

I treated it to a Beeman Williams rear aperture sight (found on the bay), aligned simply with the original sights, then removed the factory rear. It stays by the back door, ready to deal with buzzards, trespassing sparrows and uppity deer. I've never missed with it. I'd feel well equipped in the squirrel woods.

Had I known how lovely this little springer was, I'd have bought one new from Beeman. I would drop $200 to replace it.

Boolit Man
    Generally very accurate except for a few that had barrels made in China as a failed outsourcing idea. These were in the T05 series range. I like the T01 guns. The trigger can be carefully adjusted to a nice hunting trigger. Bedding may need attention as well. They are very accurate but respond well to tuning down a bit from full factory power to gain shoot ability. Kinda like going from a 357 to a 38. At dedicated air gun shows they are seen for $150, but that said, buying wood and steel for $200 is rare now. Not much made today compares for quality for $200.

Boolit Buddy
    Diana 34? Brilliant rife! Mine is of 1988 manufacture .177, put a 12ftlb Vortex tune kit in it and it has been a great pest controller. OK not PCP accurate. But it gets the job done

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pidgeon cull at maccas 29-5-2016.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	308632

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4367.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	308633

Boolit Master
    If the OP is on the fence, reference the various ancillary parts (sights, trigger, etc); the more that are steel, the older and better the rifle.
    But yes, I think $200 w/ no shipping would be a good deal these days.

Boolit Master

The guy I was referring to has gone up on price to $275.00 and says it "might" have a few pieces missing. He doesn't know!. I am going to pass on his rifle but maybe keep my eye open for another good springer. Not going to spend a ton of money on one but not in a hury either. james

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    The guy I was referring to has gone up on price to $275.00 and says it "might" have a few pieces missing. He doesn't know!. I am going to pass on his rifle but maybe keep my eye open for another good springer. Not going to spend a ton of money on one but not in a hury either. james
    Wisdom comes with age, James! On the one hand the Diana 34 is one awesome springer, and in its day (imho) there were none better! Pleasing to the eye, too! But -- and here's the big "but" -- the word "why" comes to my mind -- e.g., why is it for sale? How much was it used/possibly abused? A few years back, when they were scarcer than hen's teeth, I paid too much for a used "guaranteed to fire" Beeman springer pistol. When it arrived, I noted the pellet did eject -- traveling about 15 to 20 feet ! Long story short, I found an awesome repair-person on line, FedEx'd him the pistol, and about seven months later got it back in like-new condition! This was the "good" -- however, adding what I paid for the pistol, plus what I paid for repairs, AND the seven month wait... I was just pennies under the price had I purchased a new one.
    geo

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    Smart to walk away from the seller.
    Don Verna

Yes any time a seller tries to raise a price on something I want, I immediately call him out on it. A guy quoted me $400 on my R1 at a gun show. When I went to pick it up the next day he said "well that was the gun show price it's $450 now." I said here's my card call me when you get serious. I didn't even get to the car. But then he came back the next day and wanted me to "give him the rear sight?" said if I was putting a scope on it it didn't need the rear sight.

I just told him I'll be shooting it with open sights. Then I put a Leupold 1-4X on it the next week when it came in.

Lots of idiots out there. Don't let it rub off you you!

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100464627.JPG  
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Bub
    I had a model 34 circa 1986. It was the most accurate springer/sporting air rifle I have owned and I've had a bunch. Sold it to a friend and bought an RWS 48.