Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: New video: Converting .22 Hornet to .25 Stevens rimfire

Boolit Master

New video: Converting .22 Hornet to .25 Stevens rimfire

There has been a growing interest in shooting the .25 Stevens rimfire cartridge. I've been making reloadable .25 Stevens rimfire for a while now and thought there may be interest in seeing how I do it. I made a 2-part video series showing my process.

Part 1 covers reforming .22 Hornet to .25 Stevens dimensions. Part 2 cover converting the case from centerfire to reloadable rimfire.

I hope you find it interesting.
    Steve

Part 1:
    https://youtu.be/y_9G-FqDdKk

Part 2:
    https://youtu.be/GsEV8MwXDu8

Boolit Master

I certainly found it interesting. Thanks for documenting your work. Was pleased to see that it worked with a centered Acorn blank, no need for an offset, as you might find necessary with larger cases.

I could do all the machining on the Myford, which is likely one of the best kitted Super 7s in the states. My perfectionism might call for a custom blank reamer that incorporated the rim recess.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post
    I certainly found it interesting. Thanks for documenting your work. Was pleased to see that it worked with a centered Acorn blank, no need for an offset, as you might find necessary with larger cases.

I could do all the machining on the Myford, which is likely one of the best kitted Super 7s in the states. My perfectionism might call for a custom blank reamer that incorporated the rim recess.
    A custom chamber reamer to accomodate the press fit acorn would be a nice upgrade. I've thought about it. But I'm used to doing it this way. I make reloadable rimfire cases in all sizes up to .50. My youtube channel has another 2-part series on converting cases to .44 rimfire.

Boolit Master
    great video, it should be a sticky