WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: CraftHolster shoulder Roto design

CraftHolster shoulder Roto design

Hi everybody!

Not a plug for CraftHolster… I’m just looking for some opinions , before making a $100+ purchase.

I have been using CraftHolster IWB ( with dual belt loops ) for ccw. The draw back is, that they are custom fit for each gun, but that does give incredible fit and retention. I am over the moon, with comfort and function.

https://www.craftholsters.com/open-muzzle-iwb-holster

My problem is, being 6’8” , frequently the length ( or lack of ) my shirt sometimes leaves me a little exposed , with the right natural motions. This only works well, if I happen to be wearing something long/tall. Being in NY, and under strict oversight with repercussions, this can easily become a problem.

I have recently acquired a Sig P229 Emperor Scorpion, and have settled on that being my usual ccw.
    I am considering a shoulder holster, for a little better CCW, for my application and purposes.
    I am leary enough about the horizontal models, because I don’t want to muzzle the folks, behind me.
    I have been playing with a cheap, nylon , vertical shoulder rig, and have found that it is functional and hides a little better than horizontal….. but it is a touch awkward, drawing straight up.

I came across the Roto model, on their site. As I do have several of their products, and am very happy with them, I am inclined to give it a try.

https://www.craftholsters.com/vertic...oulder-holster

Does anyone have any experience or opinion on this rotating rig?

DEMONSTRATION VIDEO:

https://youtu.be/9jFqYA7GEVs
    Just because it’s a bad idea…
    …. Doesn’t mean it won’t be a good time !

Boolit Grand Master
    I have an older Desantis shoulder rig for a 6" Colt Python that works like that. But for a shorter gun, I would prefer something along the lines of a Bianchi X-15. That finger-break doesn't work well for me. In fact, for a semi auto, I prefer the Galco Miami Classic or one of its clones.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    i Have one that i use for a 3" Model 60. Works very well and seems to disappear when worn. Used it on a long road trip in October Thinking of getting one for my P365. I would opt for the magazine or speed loader carrier too.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Awesome…. May I ask… does that pivot really work as well as it looks in video? Does that pivot seem sturdy enough to last a while? Or do you think it’s a weak point?
    Just because it’s a bad idea…
    …. Doesn’t mean it won’t be a good time !

Boolit Master
    Yes the pivot works well.