Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm plunk test fail?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    No, its not a seating depth problem it a bullet dia/ throat diameter problem.....if it is even a problem. If I sized the bullets to .356, I would have clearance in the throat.
    This is why I use bullets sizers and/or taper crimp in some calibers and not others. My own 9's are loose enough to chamber my cast bullets as dropped, even though they measure 359 at some angles. My 45's and 40's need to be sized to fit in my guns.

And I additionally run my 40 ammo through a taper crimp die, after seating. If I don't taper crimp, the cartridges with thicker brass at the casemouth will stick in the chamber and leave fouling in the barrel of my Glock. If I taper crimp, they won't stick in the chamber, but they still foul. So if the taper crimp die does more than just lightly touch the case mouth, and I feel it do an actual crimp? That round goes into a separate batch, not to be shot through my Glock. My PMC cases are the thickest ones at the mouth, followed by Fiocchi. Most my other brass is ok.

Anyone know a practical way to easily/quickly turn down pistol brass?
    Last edited by gloob; 12-27-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12