RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Nice gunsmithing video

Boolit Buddy

Nice gunsmithing video

This video was done by a UK airgun shooter on his antique airgun restoration project. It is a spring mechanism that you won't see on any modern airgun.

If you have half an hour spare and have an interest in gunsmithing, I think it is definitely worth watching.

https://youtu.be/hwZ_O8j62Vg

BB

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks! Really enjoyed that.

Boolit Buddy
    Lovely!

Pretty unusual mechanism, never would have dreamed of it myself, but then I don't live in Germany 200 years ago Interesting to see how others solved the problem of compressing air to move a projectile...

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    Mm.
    Be aware that the Swiss (if memory serves) issued a PCP for their militia back in the day (late 1700 hundreds).
    Again taken from memory, of 8mm caliber. Using round balls AND a mag capacity (this at a time when a single shot flint lock was the norm)

Guns were delivered with a hand pump and so forth.

In turn on the approx same level there´s the old French offerings from about mid 1800´s. I believe these were often times in 8mm caliber as well.

In short?
    PCP´s are nothing new, far from it.

Racing: the Girandoni Air Gun that Lewis and Clark took with them is the one you are talking about. They were .46 cal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girardoni_air_rifle

They carried it to impress the natives to not mess with them because it was a Repeater and could fire many shots before a flintlock could be reloaded,

Robert Beeman was supposed to have that Lewis and Clark Gun in his collection.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com