WidenersLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Presents

Boolit Grand Master

Christmas Presents

Wife and I are long past the try and surprise phase. At some point you get into the useful what do you need or want stuff. I got the Lee Loader for the shotgun I was wanting to use up that 100lbs of shot I got at auction this summer for $25 or so. What I forgot I mentioned was a knife sharpening rig. Wife got me the Work Sharp and it is a beauty.

https://www.worksharptools.com/shop/...ife-sharpener/

Just a few minutes got my Civivi Elementum pocket hair shaving sharp. Kitchen knives with Stainless Steel the same way. Much recommend the Work Sharp.

Oh, she also got me the best licorice on the planet, if you are a fan of good licorice Licorice.com will get you there.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Besides the cooking equipment and really good BLACK licorice one of my sons gave me a Brass Goat... Its a poly 90 degree deflecter that snaps on around the magwell on an AR rifle into a detachable collection box. Simple and effective especially being over 70 and hate losing brass GW

Moderator Emeritus

My girlfriend surprised me with a telescope. I love looking at the stars and planets here as they are nice and clear. She had noticed I was always commenting how beautiful they looked. I wouldn't have gotten one for myself. Very nice gift. She is a keeper.

Boolit Grand Master
    I got what I asked for...nothing.

I got my fiancé a Sig 365X.
    Don Verna

I really don't like telling people what to give me; seems so phony. Gifts should just be for kids. Anyway, I think next year I'll have a list of bandsaw blades, endmills and other metal-cutting consumables they could get me.

Boolit Master
    My wonderful better half & I have had 30 Christmases together. I've always strove to make her Christmas a good one. She'd been married to a bum before,, & he was not a very considerate person or cared for much except getting stoned or whatever.

She tells me that the one day of the year she feels like a kid is Christmas. And it's my fault. Because I put effort & thought into each & every gift or present etc I've ever gotten her. But putting all that aside,, she & I both know we are Blessed,, with good kids & family. And we always put the REAL reason for the season first.

So each year,, like a kid,, she wants to get up early,, & open presents. Yet,, about mid-day,, she's napping.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    My wonderful better half & I have had 30 Christmases together. I've always strove to make her Christmas a good one. She'd been married to a bum before,, & he was not a very considerate person or cared for much except getting stoned or whatever.

She tells me that the one day of the year she feels like a kid is Christmas. And it's my fault. Because I put effort & thought into each & every gift or present etc I've ever gotten her. But putting all that aside,, she & I both know we are Blessed,, with good kids & family. And we always put the REAL reason for the season first.

So each year,, like a kid,, she wants to get up early,, & open presents. Yet,, about mid-day,, she's napping.
    Ha! Wife did the same thing. Clapped her hands at the presents and by noon was taking a nap while i fiddled about
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    This Christmas was #30 for Gail and I as well. We do not exchange gifts, rather we donate to several charities instead. We are cautiously secure financially, so if we see something we really want during the year we can usually afford to get it. WE were both married before and Christmases with those partners were (except for the kids) not at all pleasant. Second time around is GREAT!!!
    R.D.M.

The other day, I bought myself a sweet little Stihl chain saw for around $350. Then I took $350 cash, and put it in my wife's hand. Told her that was our Christmas shopping for each other. She was good with that.

Then a couple days later, my employer threw a Christmas party for all of us. I received a $1500 Christmas bonus. I put half of that in her hand, and she was also good with that. She handled gifts for all the grand kids and such, and I am good with that. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

I got long under ware And am happy with that! I gave her 2000$ to spend on the others. Not a good deal LOL. All is good!
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Don’t know what I got from my son and daughter in law. Was too cold to travel plus I worked Christmas eve. Got 3 plaid shirts and Christmas dinner from my grandson and his wife. I’ll get over to my son’s this week. Really don’t need anything.

Boolit Grand Master

I got homemade cookies, marzipan (which I dearly love) and another opportunity to give gifts and see smiles on the faces of those I love.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

We had some sad news early this weekend so the wife and I postponed exchanging gifts until late Sunday evening. I made dinner, shrimp linguine with lemon garlic sauce, garlic toast and a salad. We popped the cork on a bottle of Prosecco while we opened our gifts.

Back in November she had found a Radley purse she wanted for her anniversary (December 23rd) present so with a card and a dozen roses that day was covered. For Christmas I bought her a Labradorite necklace not knowing it was her favorite semi-precious gem stone. She bought me a pair of night vision binoculars, a couple shirts and a mug.
    A card would have been enough for me, as long as it was from her.

Boolit Master
    I got to spend time with my wife...and my daughter who I only see about every 6 months. too much food consumed and more confectionary put away for later.daughter gave me a gift voucher and I had bought myself a book. I remember why we have Christmas but being the only practising Christian in my household I just enjoy the day for what it is..good chance to make the time to be together as a family,and you know what?? I reckon the big fella upstairs would be OK with that too.

I got items I didn’t want. I spent time with my family, which I wanted.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master
    Got the wife a new purse and wallet, an Apple Pen and mouse for her craft projects on her laptop, and a new pair of boots. She got me some flannels and a new pair of insulated Carhart bibs so I can stay warm defrosting her car.

We have quit giving each other gifts at Christmas several years ago, instead we try to enlighten others as we can.

However, that said, the wife got me the following as she figured something needed to be under the tree to Opa from our grandson Jayden.
    An assortment of jerky, as in buffalo, wild boar, venison, elk, duck, and ostrich.
    A Lee 2nd edition reloading manual. I did not have that one and it will go in my library for reference.
    A folding knife with a scrimshaw kit included to engrave the handles. The wife's thinking was I could put something on it to pass along to our grandson that he would remember me by. I'll try to make that happen even though I'm a lousy artist, should be interesting.

What a sweet wife, always finding something for me to do while keeping my stomach full. At least I can sit down while working on the knife handles.

I got my wife some health and beauty items for my grandson (he's 3) to give her "BB" (he calls her that) for Christmas. I'll try to do better next year but that's what she wanted.

Happy New Year everyone.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Got a gift card to a hardware store chain.

Vendor Sponsor

All I wanted was sex so that simplified the shopping and the errrr un-wrapping..
    Last edited by DougGuy; 12-26-2022 at 06:43 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

By a stroke of luck that so happened to coincide closely with Christmas I found a ''Gettysburg Campaign Atlas'' by Philip Laino. Big Deal? Yes, these are usually scarfed up by Battlefield Guides, Rangers, Historians, Colleges, libraries, Etc. as soon as they're printed leaving nothing but a few over priced well used copies for the rest of us. 444 maps covering Lee's march beginning June 3, every facet from the smallest fight of the campaign to the largest, his retreat and reestablishing his lines back in Virginia mid July 1863.

At long last, I have my own copy.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.