You have got to remember, "many people" are the reason joe is screwing up everything at the border and other places too. I go thru a full prepping for my brass before I clean them with a Thumlers tumbler (recently acquired). Before that I had several vibratory tumblers that worked out quite well but did not get the brass as clean as the wet rotary tumbler. I still have one and use it on occasion. Pick a system to suits you and use it. Too many people are free with advice that they have no experience with; only what they have read or heard. My system works for me but may or may not be something that you want to do. Pins can be a pain if you do not have a magnet to get them out of your brass but that is easily remedied at the local hardware store or Midway. Too bad you don't live close enough to me to let you come over and try out my system. By full prepping I mean this:
1. Ream the primer pocket flat and to the correct depth. 2. deburr the flashole. 3. full length or neck size the case.(if the case is dirty I will use the vibratory tumbler before sizing). 4. trim the case to the correct length. 5. champher the inside and outside of the case mouth.
Now it is ready for the cleaning process already mentioned. my way anyway and not binding on anyone, james