RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data

Thread: LeverEvolution in 223??

Boolit Buddy

LeverEvolution in 223??

Has anyone here used or tried Hodgdon LeverEvolution in 223/5.56? if so what bullet weights did you try it with? i was looking to try it with 68-77gr bullets.

Boolit Master
    I also have been thinking of using LVR in the 223 -- have a nearly full jug and just don't shoot many full-power j-loads out of my 30/30's (for which LVR is wonderful). Seems like LVR has a burn rate similar to H380, and so should be the cat's meow for heavy bullets in our 223's. But I haven't loaded any up yet, so no help from here other than an "attaboy -- I think you have a good idea".

Boolit Master

I did some testing with LeverEvolution in .223 back in 2014 (during the previous Powder Shortage). You can find that post at: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...-56&highlight=

In post #1, there is a table I built for 60 grain .223's I swage showing velocities for 24,25,26, and 27 Grains of Leverevolution. The Table also included a 27 Grain commercial Sierra made 60 grain FBHP for comparison. These were fired in a Savage Bolt action.

In post #6, you will find a velocity table of 27 Grains LeverEvolution powder in the .223 shot in a Colt AR-15 (20 inch Barrel).

Hope this gives you a hand in your efforts.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    I did some testing with LeverEvolution in .223 back in 2014 (during the previous Powder Shortage). You can find that post at: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...-56&highlight=

In post #1, there is a table I built for 60 grain .223's I swage showing velocities for 24,25,26, and 27 Grains of Leverevolution. The Table also included a 27 Grain commercial Sierra made 60 grain FBHP for comparison. These were fired in a Savage Bolt action.

In post #6, you will find a velocity table of 27 Grains LeverEvolution powder in the .223 shot in a Colt AR-15 (20 inch Barrel).

Hope this gives you a hand in your efforts.
    thank you that will help a bit, i was thinking heavier bullets but this will give me something to work from, as another guy did testing with 77gr bullets on youtube

Moderator Emeritus

I remember on another site someone loved it for 75 + gr bullets in the 5.56.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze