Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Anyone purchasing from Metalex in Canada?

Boolit Buddy

Anyone purchasing from Metalex in Canada?

I'm looking to purchase a thousand pounds or more from Metalex in BC and having trouble finding someone to take my money.

Emailed them directly and got no response. Called and was given an email at Davis Trading which seems a bit odd and haven't heard back from yet either.

Any other good places to look into in Canada? Canada Metals gave me a price almost double what Metalex said in November when I was first scoping out suppliers. I'm not aware of any other good options.

Thanks!

Boolit Master
    If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Think scam! If you can't find someone to talk to without issue then you need to go somewhere else. And if that somewhere else is double the price then that should tell you something. Check the prices at Rotometals and that is pretty much what you should be paying no matter where you go give or take a few dollars. If it is new metal and substantialy less then there is something wrong. Don't give out any card info!!!!!

Boolit Master
    I just looked them up and one thing I notice is they say to contact them about buying lead for your company. It appears to me they only sell wholesale. This way they do not have to deal with the environmental side of the lead. as a company you are now liable for the end user liabilities. That may be your problem and also may be why you were quoted such a low price. I am not familiar with Canadian purchase laws but here in the USA you need tax ID numbers to buy large items for your company. You also need to be a registered business.

I don't know what the deal is, but I've been refused when I wanted to buy stuff from Canada too.
    Nothing big, just odds & ends on Amazon and other mail order companies that could just come in the mail.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Right now S1.95 Mayco Hard ball. Just bought 10K Smaller amount $ 2.20 they have a couple locations Birmingham AL and Granit City MO
    I would rather fish. Can you shoot fish ?
    ><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>`• .¸¸.•´¯[_____]””””””

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    I just looked them up and one thing I notice is they say to contact them about buying lead for your company. It appears to me they only sell wholesale. This way they do not have to deal with the environmental side of the lead. as a company you are now liable for the end user liabilities. That may be your problem and also may be why you were quoted such a low price. I am not familiar with Canadian purchase laws but here in the USA you need tax ID numbers to buy large items for your company. You also need to be a registered business.
    They seem like a legitimate outfit and I've spoken with people who have bought from them. I even have a couple 60lb ingots in the garage with their name on that I found in a lucky trade a couple years ago.
    They are mostly a recycler and say thousand pounds for minimum orders and I'm up for that.
    Maybe too many people gone on extended holidays this time of the year. It's just a little frustrating to get to the point of wanting to plink down a couple grand $$ for supplies and not getting a response.
    Could be issues with business to business transactions but I haven't gotten far enough to find out about that yet.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerlane View Post
    Right now S1.95 Mayco Hard ball. Just bought 10K Smaller amount $ 2.20 they have a couple locations Birmingham AL and Granit City MO
    My last purchase (2000 lbs) was from Mayco. They may ship to Canada.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    My last purchase (2000 lbs) was from Mayco. They may ship to Canada.
    I see no prices on their website.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I see no prices on their website.
    IIRC they supply a number of commercial bullet casters and because lead prices jump around a bit they do not post prices. I contacted them with an email and had a prompt answer. At the time, I saved a lot but their minimum was either 1000 or 2000 pounds per order. Things may have changed.
    Don Verna