Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pitted -Frosty Barrel for Cast Boolits

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by old turtle View Post
    Thanks to all for your excellent advice. I took it to the range and with a Lyman 321297 bullet and 15 grains of 5744 it shot very well. I seated them out until they touched the lands. I have several other long bullets to try namely 319289 (135 gr.) which has several landing riding grooves.
    Thank again.
    Now shoot another 50,000 of yhose through it and it will probably be smoother.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Grand Master
    I’m glad you found that 319289 bullet… it shoots great for me in several guns. I’m surprised though at your weight. Mine runs about 185 grains with 25-1 lead-tin alloy.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy

Green Frog, You are a sharpe eyed frog. Your are correct the bullet 319289, dies cast 185 grains. I special ordered this mold from Lyman many years ago for an other rifle in 32-40. This was just before they got rid of there old cherries. It is interesting they did this just in time for the black powder shooting to get popular. I never understood why they did this as these cherries could not have taken up much space. I count myself very luckily to have gotten this mold.

Boolit Master

Is that a Rem-32-40 or Win 32-40? I think there will slight differences. Shoot it and see. I have several rifles with pits, rotten spots, pot holes and just plain sewer pipe or worse. All have been made to shoot well with some trial and trial again. I like soft, over sized, gas checked bullets. let us know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12