Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A humbling gun week

Boolit Master

I would rather be seeing something than sitting seeing NOTHING.
    Heck, even non-deer critters . . . something so I think there is some kind of life in the area I chose to sit!
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    Nothing for me during ML. ONLY went once due to a back injury acting up. Need to consider a new spot for my blind next year.
    Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Grand Master
    Went hunting with a long time friend. We were after only one deer. Got to the property about 10 am and got our stuff together and split up to head to our respective area. I hadn't walked 100 yards and stopped to re-arrange stuff I was carrying. Looked around and a doe walks out from under a cedar tree about 200 yards out. I had a 350 legend and that was just too far, especially in the wind, so I watched and hoped she would come closer. She stayed in a wild plum thicket and then was gone.

Got to my stand and waited. About 2 hours later, I hear a shot. OK, did he connect or miss? 5 min. later heard another shot that sounded like a finishing shot, so got up and walked towards where my friend was. He said, "she should be close" and about 15 sec. later exclaimed "there she is". Sure enough, there she was.
    Good thing was, since he shot it, he got to clean it!!! Said it was the biggest doe he had ever shot, with plenty of fat on her.

Always next year. Gonna take my 6.5 Grendel instead

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cash View Post
    Paragraphs are our friends.
    As is the ENTER key...
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Started hunting November 19 , have seen deer but not a bunch. Passed on the does and a couple of smallish bucks . This walked out of the woods at a not too far away distance on the 26th , have only seen 4 deer since. Still watching for a bigger buck that I have seen twice but couldn't get a good shot at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9'oclock Deer 1.jpg   9'oclockDeer 3 12-26-22.jpg  
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Bub
    That’s still a nice deer. What did you shoot him with?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    Started hunting November 19 , have seen deer but not a bunch. Passed on the does and a couple of smallish bucks . This walked out of the woods at a not too far away distance on the 26th , have only seen 4 deer since. Still watching for a bigger buck that I have seen twice but couldn't get a good shot at.

Boolit Master
    Very Nice Deer. Congrats!

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by 450 View Post
    That’s still a nice deer. What did you shoot him with?
    1920's Remington model 14 in .35 Remington with a 200 grain Core Lokt. He made an extremely short j shaped run and fell, ran a straight line going away and turned back about ten feet. Not over 20 yards overall.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Bub
    Nice and that’s a cool old rifle. I really like 35 caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    1920's Remington model 14 in .35 Remington with a 200 grain Core Lokt. He made an extremely short j shaped run and fell, ran a straight line going away and turned back about ten feet. Not over 20 yards overall.

Did you see anything, oh yeah, 10 point near about ran over me and me sitting on the ground with my back to a tree fork, walked right up to the tree behind me and stood there.
    I thought it was a squirrel in the leaves until I saw his nose. He was not 4 ft from me. When I cocked the hammer on that 357 Herrett Contender the internal safety dropped with a "clack", buddy, he left from behind me like a mortar round out of a tube, right off the ridge in the air, 20 ft down right to the middle of the dry creek bed, hit and then he leapt up and landed on top of the other ridge, two bounds, he was gone like a flash. Got the sights up as he dropped four feet below then caught him again as he leaped 3 ft above. Not a place to take a shot.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12