Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder Valley

Powder Valley

Did anyone mention that Powder Valley has 8#’s of Allient 2400?
    It’s been a long time.
    https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/alliant-2400/

Boolit Master
    Thanks Pablo: I could certainly use some 2400, but right now Christmas has put my wallet on a diet. It's good to see that it's starting to come back.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    Thanks Pablo: I could certainly use some 2400, but right now Christmas has put my wallet on a diet. It's good to see that it's starting to come back.
    Let the wife know where she can buy your Christmas Present ... a few taps on the key's and she's done shopping !
    My wife loves it when I let her know about presents I really need / want ... I got plenty of under wear and ties ... get me something I need !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I've got a pound of 5744 and 4198, but before I bite the bullet on 8# - great for moderate 45-70 loads, 1400 fps or so, yes?
    -Paul

<<Bump.>>, With a pound each of 4198 and 5744, I've got several hundred shells, but it would be nice to know 2400 is solid enough to buy 8# and be done with it. Any thoughts, or would you who know the powder/45-70 advise waiting until 1# jars of 2400 are available, test and buy accordingly?
    -Paul

Quote Originally Posted by huntinlever View Post
    <<Bump.>>, With a pound each of 4198 and 5744, I've got several hundred shells, but it would be nice to know 2400 is solid enough to buy 8# and be done with it. Any thoughts, or would you who know the powder/45-70 advise waiting until 1# jars of 2400 are available, test and buy accordingly?
    I don't shoot/load for the 45-70, but would think it would be good for some light recoiling plinking loads.
    I load a 325+gr cast over 25 grs, of 2400 in the 444 brass.
    Light recoil, and slaps a 12x24 inch and 3/8's thick gong at 50-60 yds. with authority.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira View Post
    I don't shoot/load for the 45-70, but would think it would be good for some light recoiling plinking loads.
    I load a 325+gr cast over 25 grs, of 2400 in the 444 brass.
    Light recoil, and slaps a 12x24 inch and 3/8's thick gong at 50-60 yds. with authority.

RP
    Thanks for that, RP. All my stuff is for hunting loads, but still, looking to pull it back from my hot-loading days of 39.7 grains 4198. I know 5744 and 2400 have both been highly praised for lighter loads in the 45-70, just seeking a bit more input re hunting loads of around 1350-1450 fps and the 2400, before committing to 8 pounds. Probably best just to wait until a pound comes out and test it but......well, 8 pounds of beautiful powder is just sitting there...
    -Paul

Quote Originally Posted by huntinlever View Post
    Thanks for that, RP. All my stuff is for hunting loads, but still, looking to pull it back from my hot-loading days of 39.7 grains 4198. I know 5744 and 2400 have both been highly praised for lighter loads in the 45-70, just seeking a bit more input re hunting loads of around 1350-1450 fps and the 2400, before committing to 8 pounds. Probably best just to wait until a pound comes out and test it but......well, 8 pounds of beautiful powder is just sitting there...
    I don't own a chrony, so I have no idea of the velocity of that load.
    But I'd bet that it would take deer and/or like size game no problem at reasonable distances.
    I've carried the 444P with that load, but as of yet haven't had the chance to test.
    But I will at some point.
    Good luck.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Nice to know. I could use some.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master
    I just bought some 5744 from Powder Valley. They haven't had that one in stock in quite a while.

2400, is back up at PV. $248. For#8.

I just found a powder valley receipt from nov. 2019. It had a #8 of 2400 on it. It was $143.89
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelguns 1961 View Post
    I just found a powder valley receipt from nov. 2019. It had a #8 of 2400 on it. It was $143.89
    Yeah, I know. It’s still good to see it on the shelf.

Boolit Master

Was hoping for Reloader 33 to arrive with that shipment.
    If liars pants really did catch on fire, watching the news would be a lot more fun!

Boolit Master
    As of one minute ago Natchez has 1# and 8# bottles of Alliant Bullseye in stock. Several well known on-line vendors had Alliant Powder products available this morning.....saw the heads-up on ShotgunWorld.com.
    COME AND TAKE IT
    Let’s Go Brandon!!!!

Boolit Grand Master
    I was at a little Gun Show in Central VA Saturday and was pleased to see a fair amount of powder there. Good variety too, but at prices pushing $50/lb, it was not that attractive. Primers were being sold by the hundred for about $17/sleeve or so. They were not all that abundant either.
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    I was at a little Gun Show in Central VA Saturday and was pleased to see a fair amount of powder there. Good variety too, but at prices pushing $50/lb, it was not that attractive. Primers were being sold by the hundred for about $17/sleeve or so. They were not all that abundant either.
    I was at the Fredericksburg VA gun show on Saturday. I saw a similar price range for powders and primers around $150/1000. But one guy had primers for $90/1000. I bought a box of Federal small pistol from him. 2 years ago that seemed crazy, now it seems like a good deal

Boolit Grand Master

We look at PV regular and have bought alot there over the years.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Powder Valley had a pretty fair selection of powders when I last looked at the new normal prices.

Boolit Master

Powder Valley has Servicios Aventuras Small Pistol Primers for $79.99 per thousand. Has anyone used these primers? If so, results satisfactory or otherwise?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast