Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: 870 remington ejector??

Boolit Master

870 remington ejector??

Are there any left on the planet? my daughter dropped hers off months ago and I have ignored it because the extractor is so dry it will hardly move. After oiling the extractor still it won't cycle then I noticed that the ejector is broken. i watched a video on disassembly and the guy warns you to be careful putting the barrel back in that it can be broken. Then I remember her husband telling me he had to put the barrel back in and tighten the nut when he shot it last. does anybody know where to get one or if any smiths have them i would send it for repair??

Boolit Grand Master
    Not the easiest repair to make if you don't want it immediately obvious the gun has been worked on. If you don't mind glaringly obvious signs of repair, it isn't too hard.

As far as parts go, I couldn't find one on Brownell's website, but GPC has most of them except 12 Ga.

If you are very careful, sometimes you can replace the ejector without having to replace the rivets.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Boolit Master

I’ve replaced a couple over the years, of course without the special too and as said above they were pretty ugly. But they still work! The major suppliers are no help with most any Remington part but finally found an extractor last year. Good luck.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    I sent an Email to Remington Firearms to see if it can be sent to the factory or a service center for repair. I am curious to see what kind of response I get. I will keep you posted thanks for your replies.

Boolit Master
    RemArms was no help at all. they gave me a few places to call but no service or parts.

Boolit Grand Master

This might be bad news, but in my quick search for my usual ways to find parts I turned up nothing for a 12 gauge. If it is another gauge you might be in luck. I also came across a surprising number of posts asking if anyone could find ejectors, and nobody could... some from 2020. It seems Remington quit making them after they went bankrupt in 2019, and nobody aftermarket has ever made 870 ejectors. That seems amazing to me for what is one of the two most popular pump action shotguns in the world. Sorry I couldn't help, but you aren't the only one looking for an ejector it seems.

Boolit Master
    Well yeah thats what makes them hard to find!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Well yeah thats what makes them hard to find!!!
    The 870 isn't known for breaking ejectors, but just on the number of threads for people looking for them, there is obviously a market there. With such a simple part I can't believe nobody has made a no-rivet aftermarket upgrade for one. Ideas for a business...

Boolit Buddy
    Try just removing the broken ejector and see if it functions. I had one that broke also, and once I found out how they were installed and how it would need to be repaired, I just tried the gun without it. It still ejects just fine, been using it this way ever since. Maybe you'll also get lucky.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    SNIP>>>

does anybody know where to get one or if any smiths have them i would send it for repair??
    This is a shot in the dark, but one of the gunsmiths local to me, mostly works on shotgun mods for his trap league clients. It is worth a call to see if he might have something...maybe he hasn't been hit by the shortage?
    Habisch Outdoors
    21948 Babcock Ave. Winsted, MN 55395
    Shop # 320-485-4867
    He is a one horse shop, and is open today until 6pm central time.
    http://www.habischoutdoors.com/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Remington parts are very scarce now since Big Green basically shut down in Ilion. It's chancy, but I've been finding what I need on eBay. An ejector shouldn't be too much of a risk, it's either broken or its not.

I live less than an hour from Ilion, NY. God I remember literally driving to the factory and leaving your gun with the guard at the gate and being told "just come back in an hour or two."

Those were the days!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick L View Post
    Remington parts are very scarce now since Big Green basically shut down in Ilion. It's chancy, but I've been finding what I need on eBay. An ejector shouldn't be too much of a risk, it's either broken or its not.

I live less than an hour from Ilion, NY. God I remember literally driving to the factory and leaving your gun with the guard at the gate and being told "just come back in an hour or two."

Those were the days!
    Amen brother, those were the days! Ithaca rolled out, then Remington........Ugh!!! How many jobs, gone forever??? The government doesn't care, just more on welfare for them to take care of.........we used to actually BE the "Empire State"......no more........

This message brought to you by another Patrick from upstate New York.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Buddy

Try here,www.gunrepaircenter.com suppose to have all the parts from Ilion.

Boolit Master

Try this link, shows "In Stock"...........

https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...Remington__870

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Vopie View Post
    Try here,www.gunrepaircenter.com suppose to have all the parts from Ilion.
    Thanks for the link!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

870 Ejectors have been non existent for some time now. My Friends at Vang Comp have a significant backlog of Custom Guns that have sitting for over a year waiting for these parts. Sounds like an Opportunity for an enterprising company to make some money. As long as you can make 100,000 or so of these every month. The market is there.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Delete
    Last edited by roysha; 02-24-2023 at 09:34 AM.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!