Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: AR2207 and Reloader 7 compatibility.

AR2207 and Reloader 7 compatibility.

Good morning guys, hope everyone is fine. I am wondering if there is someone out there that might have information regarding loading the 38/40 with AR2207. I think it could be similar to the Reloader 7. I have been using the Rl 7 in my 38/40 but unfortunately it is not available here in Aus at the moment. Anybody with info. on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
    Bob.

Boolit Master
    How does it compare on burn rates ?? If close just start low and work back up.

Boolit Buddy
    In general they are similar burn rates. I’ve not loaded for a 38/40 but out of curiosity I loaded some 357 cases with 14.0gr of AR2207 (= H4198) behind 180gr cast pills. Velocity was quite low at 1150fps out of a rifle and I had some unburnt powder.

Thanks guys for the reply's. JFE I see you have AR2207 equal to H4198. I'll have a look around and see if I can find some info from ADI and if they say AR2207 is equal to Reloader 7 I think I will go with that. Thanks again.
    Bob

Check out the powder equivilants from ADI, RL7, 2207, H4198, IMR4198 and Win 680 are all the same.
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Buddy
    For clarity, ADI’s AR2207 is rebranded as H4198 in the US and most other export markets. Load data is interchangeable between these two.

As BAW pointed out, it is in same burning rate range as a number of powders, including R-7. However loading data is not interchangeable and you should work up loads for your application.

JFE
    (For clarity, ADI’s AR2207 is rebranded as H4198 in the US and most other export markets. Load data is interchangeable between these two).
    I also see on Hodgdon’s Propellant chart that H4227 and AR2205 have the same burn rate, does this also mean that load data between these two would be interchangeable?
    Regards
    Bob

Boolit Master
    ADI say ...there may be a AR2205 production in 2023.......they also say there may be a TrailBoss production in 2023..........I d say "may be " is the operative word......In the mean time ,2207/4198 is the only available ADI powder for 38/40.........the alternative is blackpowder ......make it yourself.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BobInAus View Post
    JFE
    (For clarity, ADI’s AR2207 is rebranded as H4198 in the US and most other export markets. Load data is interchangeable between these two).
    I also see on Hodgdon’s Propellant chart that H4227 and AR2205 have the same burn rate, does this also mean that load data between these two would be interchangeable?
    Regards
    Bob
    Yes, AR2205 is rebranded H4227 for the US market and data for those two is also interchangeable. Most of the ADI powders are rebranded Hodgdon for the US market. There are a few that are not exported, eg BM1.