Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anny 1886 disassembly experts?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbear1950 View Post
    I have a chance to get the deluxe version of their 1886 with the 26 inch octagon barrel, at a fair price, do any of you have any experience with that model?
    replied to your other post on this

Boolit Master

This guy has an EXCELLENT video for disassembly and reassembly, hope it helps!

https://youtu.be/v3fgm3RJn0Q?si=xQNTL14awANrbrW0
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by oldbear1950 View Post
    I have a chance to get the deluxe version of their 1886 with the 26 inch octagon barrel, at a fair price, do any of you have any experience with that model?
    I do. Right out of the box the carrier hook popped out of the carrier disabling the rifle entirely. The fit is all sloppy inside, the carrier hook slot is massive, the carrier hook journals are too short and too small in diameter.

I upset the journal that rests in the lever to enlarge it and take slop out, I filed an angle on both the carrier slot and the journal that rides in said slot to create a hook effect to trap the journal in place.
    I've had issues with the carrier hook being a hair too short and occasionally failing to draw the rim fully into the carrier resulting in the round cartwheeling out of the action. I've also had a few hiccups with the Kings gate as well, occasionally a round hanging up on it as it's being pulled into the carrier, this locks the rifle up and requires closing the action to free the jam.

Without doubt, the worst is the carrier hook faults. Slipping out of the carrier entirely jams the rifle up in a bad way and only very careful use of a dental pick pulls it from the bottom of the action and back up where it belongs. Thus far my "fix" has held but the rest I've not yet addressed.

I may eventually get around to machining a new carrier hook and really tuning the rifle but it's not anywhere near a priority. I may never.

You wanted my experience with the Chiappa. There you go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12