RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: 1957 Belding and Mull Hand Book

1957 Belding and Mull Hand Book

Came across this one recently, pretty neat reading, and average condition. But more like a sales catalog for alot of other manufacturers.
    Attachment 308117
    Attachment 308118
    Attachment 308119

Boolit Master
    Most of the “Handbooks” of the period showcased the tools the company that published the “Handbook” made and how to set them up and use them. By 1957, I believe B&M was out of the boolit mould business (more’s the pity) and now referenced Lyman/Ideal moulds, which they retailed in their place.

Their “Straight-Line” reloading tool lasted (despite very stiff competition) into the late 70s or early 80s, IIRC, and the “Visible” powder measure was the last to go, maybe in the early to mid 90s. I think it has been revived, and MVA makes an improved and enlarged copy. I would think your Handbook still references them.

Last B&M Catalog I saw just had the usual sporting goods from all manufacturers. It may be that the B&M cleaning rods were still being made (probably OEM) and sold, but I’d have to dig through the accumulation to see.

They used to make telescopic sights and mounts, too. Wish some enthusiast would write a history of the company; they were there through the glory days of handloading, between the Wars.

Boolit Buddy
    Very nice! I have never seen that one before.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    Most of the “Handbooks” of the period showcased the tools the company that published the “Handbook” made and how to set them up and use them. By 1957, I believe B&M was out of the boolit mould business (more’s the pity) and now referenced Lyman/Ideal moulds, which they retailed in their place.

Their “Straight-Line” reloading tool lasted (despite very stiff competition) into the late 70s or early 80s, IIRC, and the “Visible” powder measure was the last to go, maybe in the early to mid 90s. I think it has been revived, and MVA makes an improved and enlarged copy. I would think your Handbook still references them.

Last B&M Catalog I saw just had the usual sporting goods from all manufacturers. It may be that the B&M cleaning rods were still being made (probably OEM) and sold, but I’d have to dig through the accumulation to see.

They used to make telescopic sights and mounts, too. Wish some enthusiast would write a history of the company; they were there through the glory days of handloading, between the Wars.
    Yes, I read that B&M cleaning rods were still in production at the time. But the history of the company can be a good example for any business model, in the last century several arms manufacturers have experienced difficulties. When I studied the Top 5 problems of the army in the modern world http://www.military-today.com/life/top_5_problems_in_the_army_in_todays_world.htm I was surprised that the soldiers complain about the deterioration in the quality of their weapons. But if army units experience problems, then weapons and ammunition for hunters and sportsmen also deteriorated in quality. Therefore, some products of companies were not in demand and eventually they stopped producing them. Some companies unfortunately also ceased to exist, although they had an interesting history.
    Last edited by SpiderX; 02-25-2023 at 05:33 PM.