WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coincidence - or not?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    No I don't "make him responsible for every evil act man commits". My point was as stated, that He tweaks what needs tweaking.
    So you're pulling back the "He controls everything?"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    The Lord works in mysterious ways. Good post!
    Amen!
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

I am old enough, with enough experience in life, so that when something "just happens," I wait for the reason to appear, it usually does. I try to help people, when I can. Odd thing today, is a lot of folks want to know what is the catch. Odd how cynicism takes over people's life.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

I'm not saying that I don't believe in coincidences, but a lot of them are just a little too coincidental. I've got to believe that God frequently uses them to speak to us. And I try to listen to him.

I've had my life given back to me by God and folks who had no good reason to help me. I was a modern version of "The Prodigal Son", and now after 25 years of living the good life, even I have gotten a little cocky and resentful about having to help worthless dirt bags --- just like I used to be.

Lately I've been challenged,-- my faith, trust, compassion, many of the things that get lazy when life is good. I am trying hard to do as God would have me do, and to grow in the process. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    So you're pulling back the "He controls everything?"
    No, of course not. God tweaking what needs to be tweaked means He is in control of everything.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    No, of course not. God tweaking what needs to be tweaked means He is in control of everything.
    "He controls everything" is not the same as "He is in control of everything."

He does not control everything, but is in overall control (i.e., authority?) of his creation.

Since God chooses not to control everything, coincidences are possible and occur quite often.

Boolit Master
    "As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord's way is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him."

2 Samuel 22:31 (NIV)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    "He controls everything" is not the same as "He is in control of everything."

He does not control everything, but is in overall control (i.e., authority?) of his creation.
    Ickisrulz, we're here to decide whether or not we choose Father. The "evil" in this world is part of the process, like heat applied to ores in refining and separating out the slag. I don't have any doubts about who the plant manager is. That's why I see it as He is in control.

We come here to die; be it by diseases, murders, accidents, poisons, wars, storms, earthquakes or just worn out from a long life it's what we're supposed to do. Is that evil? No, of course not.

I reckon you can tell that people who say things like "Oh I just can't believe in a god that would let __(fill in the blank)__ happen" make me go .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12