Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Great Price on 9mm XTP's

Boolit Grand Master

Great Price on 9mm XTP's

I just ordered 10 boxes of 124 gr XTP's Cost with insurance and shipping under $185.

From Tactical Surplus.

https://tacticalsurplususa.com/hrndy.../?sku=HRB35571

Hope it is not too good to be true, but they take CC 's and are rated well on Ammoseek.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

That's a good price. I am surprised you'll be loading 9mm. With the cost of primers and powder today, it makes more sense to me to just buy loaded ammo for 28 cents a round.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    That's a good price. I am surprised you'll be loading 9mm. With the cost of primers and powder today, it makes more sense to me to just buy loaded ammo for 28 cents a round.
    I can find FMJ's for that price. Anything I am finding with a quality hollow point is double the price. Where can I find factory loaded with an equivalent bullet for 28 cents a round?
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I use cast for "fun" shooting and practice, but I like a proven bullet for self defense and use either XTP's or Gold Dots. At a price for XTP's less than $19/100 it looked like a good deal. Even with primers at $100/k and powder at $40/lb I can reload self defense ammunition for under $9/25 rounds. I have a "lifetime" supply of primers at $22/k and powder at $20/lb so my actual cost is less than $6.50/25

Price of factory XTP's is $16-20 per box of 25. A fair savings by reloading.

BTW, cost for 9mm using cast bullets, $100/k primers and $40/lb powder comes to about 18 cents a round so even with the "new normal" I would reload 9mm blasting ammunition. Having a Master Caster, Star and Dillon 1050 makes a difference. The process is not as tedious as someone hand casting, powder coating, sizing and loading on a press that is not as fast or trouble free. I can cast, size, lube and reload 1000 rounds in 6 hours. Saving $.10/round works out to $100 for 6 hours of effort. Like I said, my component costs are less so numbers look better. My cost is $.09 per round for a savings of $190/1000.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Not a bad price for xtp. Have loaded cast 9mm but was buying some factory loads before biden but now everything has increased a good amount .

Boolit Buddy
    I just compared prices of other bullet 10+ cheaper tactal. please let us know how it works they have good prices. thanks